Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Combat in survey...
02-24-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm unsure as to what this meant. Did this mean combat aka bridge commander, or combat ON the bridge (Ground combat missions)
Because I was unsure I chose a different option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty sure they meant space combat ala bridge commander. This has been requested since pre-beta. Honestly I was surprised to see it in the survey, Cryptic said (a long time ago) that they tried it and didn't like the result. I'm really curious to see the results of this poll.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Animal
I'm unsure as to what this meant. Did this mean combat aka bridge commander, or combat ON the bridge (Ground combat missions)
Because I was unsure I chose a different option.
>.< im sure they mean Space combat but i would like to see both, Repelling the borg from my Ship would rock
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 04:13 AM
well, Delazure, you may be right. but there have also been many voices (since closed beta at least) which asked for missions INSIDE your very own ship. as it stands now, only the bridge is available, and almost every mission contains combat. so this could - at least IMHO - very well be understood as: "Do you want to have missions on your bridge/ship"?
perhaps this is too much wishful thinking - but I would really love to see that.

remember: many, many episodes (especially TNG) are focused on stories that happen mostly or purely on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 04:14 AM
maybe they found a way to do it and now what to see if people are still intrested before they start work on it
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
I interpreted it to mean "Bridge View" since it was so heavily requested.

I figured if they meant "in your ship" they wouldn't just call it Bridge combat, but rather, Interior combat (since I'd very much assume you may have to fight in Engineering, or even the mess hall in such situations).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDekker
well, Delazure, you may be right. but there have also been many voices (since closed beta at least) which asked for missions INSIDE your very own ship.
Cryptic said that they will add ship interiors and create missions inside the ship : this was planned even before they decided to add the bridge at launch. I hope they don't need a poll to be sure the players want it. As you said, shipisodes are iconic, we need them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
Pro MS paint job. :thumbs up:

And where exactly was the "Get more voice overs" option?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
you may have to fight in Engineering, or even the mess hall in such situations
I'd like an heroic bar fists fight like the one in ten forward (TNG: Sarek) or the one in K7 (TOS tribbles). Make it long, make it fun