Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected - Deeper
03-18-2010, 02:39 AM
For crying out loud, how many groups do I have to go in before the queen actually dies. I blame it on both Cryptic and people not paying attention. Cryptic did make it a bit hard but who could blame them after a million people saying "the game is way to easy, my fetus could play it." With the actual players, most people dont listen which is highly aggravating.

1) Dont Respawn thinking you can jump through the force field
2) There is actually a timer, its a thing that counts time down meaning you dont have 1hr to go around
3) Staying alive and rezing other players as first priority
4) Dont pull aggro you cant handle..I see this a lot.

I fully understand someone going in for the first time, being completely lost but I'm talking about people who have claimed they've completed Infected 5 times.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 04:22 AM
11 completions and all pugs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Just need to setup what people will be doing before they go in.

I take one other person up the middle. All I and they do is shoot drones. We have cleared them off completely before they could respawn.

This helps the other 3 players who's sole function is to get those outer pillars shut down.

Us center people then destroy the center pillar and we all go back and crouch by the door that we all 1rst entered, blast the queen to flinders without getting hit and all done. (ramp gives good shield)

I have only done this with a bunch of strange people, I don't have a set group. I guess this is a "PUG"

What does that mean?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Couple of pug rules and infected is easy. I've beaten it 7 times all pug no vent either.

1)If you can jump then good. If you can't jump then failure is your fault. Practice.

2)If you in a group and you can jump, follow the 3 strike rule. If there are 3 goo related deaths in five minutes, leave group find a better one. I say 3 to give some leeway of 2 cause accidents happen. Hitting r to say ready but it goes to autorun, getting shot mid air by borg (rare but happens). But if there's 3 goo deaths within 5 minutes usually there's a problem.

Some days I wait longer and give it like 15 or twenty minutes cause I like helping people learn too, but If your trying to finish it the first time, go by the 5 min 3 strike rule.

That's if only your a good jumper. If you are not a good jumper stick with the bad jump group and practice.

Of course be nice too, If your spawning Simmons easy but dieing, don't just drop after a couple times, keep trying unless real life gets in the way (work, spouse aggro, need sleep etc).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
What does the acronym "PUG" mean?

When they ask for "Vent" do they mean Warp Plasma?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 04:28 PM
PuG, Pickup Group, Group of random people.
Vent, Ventrilo, VoIP software like Teamspeak or Skype.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
When they ask for "Vent" do they mean Warp Plasma?
ROLF that was awesome. Im gonna put that in my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
It says "Vent Plasma"
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 06:11 AM
You can do it even with complete noobs if they are smart and able to listen what you say. My last PUG consisted of 3 people that completed it before and two who didnt (although tried before). Those people listened what has been said and it went quite good. Completed under 2 hrs from start.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firael
1) Dont Respawn thinking you can jump through the force field
Hmm, what if they deactivate respawn in Bossroom/-Fight until the whole Group is dead?