Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange sale emails
02-24-2010, 05:48 AM
In Open Beta, when I sold something on the Exchange, I got a message in my in game mailbox and an email to the email address registered to my account. Now, I only seem to get the in game message.

I am still getting other emails from ST:O (registering keys, etc), and yes I've checked my Spam folder

Is this a change in behaviour, some setting I need to change (I can't see anything obvious), or a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 05:50 AM
I've never had an exchange mail go to my 'external' email account, I've only ever got them on the forums or in game. I guess working as intended'?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Odd, I still get a E-Mail when something sells on the exchange. I really like that feature by the way. I find tribbles, then I place them in the exchange but never for more than 100 energy credits, If thay breed before I put them there, the new new ones also go into the exchange. For some reason I am selling a lot of tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:01 AM
I think it has something to do with lag maybe. I can call myself a trader and I buy and sell alot of stuff at Exchange, so I can tell you that sometimes you get the mail into your mailbox and sometimes simply you dont. Its totally random if you get the mail or not. For me its in like 50 % cases.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Maybe you accidentally marked one as spam? I do still get emails from my exchange sales.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 07:10 AM
It sounds like there is something odd going on then if some of us are getting the mails, some aren't, and some are only getting some. I've submitted a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
I do a lot of purchasing and selling on the exchange and this is what I've noticed so far...

I think what's going on is if you're out of the game, then you receive a game email message on that sale. If you're in playing the game, then you don't get the mail message but instead you get a quick message at the top of your screen saying you've received X amount of credits.

Personally, I would like all exchange sales go to my mail box and skip the in-game banner message because if I'm in a heated battle, I'm not going to see or care about that banner message.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
I like the current setup with it going to the STO mailbox. I don't need anything else in my email box.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
I think it has something to do with lag maybe. I can call myself a trader and I buy and sell alot of stuff at Exchange, so I can tell you that sometimes you get the mail into your mailbox and sometimes simply you dont. Its totally random if you get the mail or not. For me its in like 50 % cases.
Exact experience too. I figure it is tied in with the root cause of the mail timing out when you try to send one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb01
I think what's going on is if you're out of the game, then you receive a game email message on that sale. If you're in playing the game, then you don't get the mail message but instead you get a quick message at the top of your screen saying you've received X amount of credits.
I don't think that's right, as I've had the received credits popup and then gone and checked my in game mail to find out what sold. I have in game messages for everything I've sold on the Exchange, but no emails.