Lt. Commander
# 1 Ten-Forward Hurt and Heal game
02-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Surprised this hasn't been done before, it's a pretty popular idea. But that's why I'm here, to handle the cliche ideas so you don't have to.

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find some of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

One rule: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself.

With that being said, let's meet the competitors!

Sintar: Ninja'd in like some kind of crazed ninja. I can respect that.

Daevan: The self-proclaimed Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass of the forums, the legendary keeper of the Brushie Bat enters the battle armed only with his wits and intuition. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Dekar: Severed from the Borg collective, Dekar has developed delusions of heroism and megalomania... But can he keep his crown?

Ravenstein: The Machiavellian schemer of the forums, Ravenstein enjoys subjugating her enemies with an iron fist. Under her frigid exterior, however, she secretly enjoys long walks on the beach and fluffy bunnies.

Febostaf: The bringer of a bloody revolution that has swept the Ten-Forward forums, and the founder of the Ten-Forward Church itself.

Chat: Chat is everywhere, yet nowhere. She is in the unconsciousness beyond consciousness, and she watches you while you sleep.

Tessa: The closest thing these forums have to The Chick, Tessa has built up quite a following. Her passing resemblance to Felicia Day only helps matters.

Woebetide: Oh, Woe Betide!

Capulet: The designated Action Girl of the forums, Capulet joins the fight by popular demand.

Rusty Diodes: Yet another ninja, the Diodes has been added by popular demand.

So, there are our competitors. Let the games begin!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Surprised this hasn't been done before, it's a pretty popular idea. But that's why I'm here, to handle the cliche ideas so you don't have to.

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the six most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find six of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

A couple of rules: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself. And you may only vote once every hour.

Daevan: The self-proclaimed Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass of the forums, the legendary keeper of the Brushie Bat enters the battle armed only with his wits and intuition. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Dekar: Severed from the Borg collective, Dekar has developed delusions of heroism and megalomania... But can he keep his crown?

Ravenstein: The Machiavellian schemer of the forums, Ravenstein enjoys subjugating her enemies with an iron fist. Under her frigid exterior, however, she secretly enjoys long walks on the beach and fluffy bunnies.

Febostaf: The bringer of a bloody revolution that has swept the Ten-Forward forums, and the founder of the Ten-Forward Church itself.

Chat: Chat is everywhere, yet nowhere. She is in the unconsciousness beyond consciousness, and she watches you while you sleep.

Tessa: The closest thing these forums have to The Chick, Tessa has built up quite a following. Her passing resemblance to Felicia Day only helps matters.

I attack Daevan for implying i'm a meglomaniac...iinsane maybe...but meglomaniac? NAY!

I'll heal tessa cause she is still scared from the last canadian hug we shared....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the six most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find six of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

A couple of rules: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself. And you may only vote once every hour.

Hmmm not a competitor...Pffffffft then no rules for me *heats the blade of a long sword white hot and drives it into Daevan's chest grip first* Cruel attack #22! have fun pulling it out :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Hmmm not a competitor...Pffffffft then no rules for me *heats the blade of a long sword white hot and drives it into Daevan's chest grip first* Cruel attack #22! have fun pulling it out :p
Gah! I was actually going to write you in, as well as a few more people, but 10 seemed a bit too much.

So the totals stand at:

Daevan: 8
Dekar: 10
Ravenstein: 10
Febostaf: 10
Chat: 10
Tessa: 11
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
They're RP-elitists!!!

I fire-extinguish all competitors and retreat to the USS Tough Sell to hide.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Chat heals Daevan by brushing his hair.

(Stole the intraweb at a friends place. muahahahaha)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I vote we add Capulet to the contest...

/assimilates Capulet

Capulet HP:10
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Editing the list to add a few more.

And here are the standings:

Daevan: 9
Dekar: 10
Ravenstein: 10
Febostaf: 10
Chat: 10
Tessa: 11
Capulet: 10
Woebetide: 10
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
How about adding me to that list? I am a greedy SOB. I kill Daevan with a super-charged plasma assault rifle and steals all of his/her quantum torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Shouldn't Chat be on the list twice?