Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I thought it's a good idea if everyone would post in here what they would have writen as a comment in the survey that Cryptic has on its main page, as that survey didnt provide a box for comments.

I know I do have picked some options that dont make sense without explaination.

Subscription price: I picked 5$

Why? Cause I don't think a subscription price of more than 5$ will make enough people stay long enough to see the 45 day patch. For what we got right now, 5$ is really already a bit high, but without income there is no new content coming and no development, so yeah 5$ is below my personal "I care" limit and I would happily stay subscribed for 5$ until they fix the game to be a full featured MMORPG.

Box price: 20$

They will need to get more subscribers, but it needs to be a discount price, I wont tell my friends to buy a STO box for 50$, thats just a ripoff and they will make me feel guilty afterwards, but for 20$, yeah maybe I could get some playing. Also, the reviews all give STO about a 5/10 mark, there is no way to sell 50% games for more than 20$, even if they are new.

Which features do I want? All of them.

STO should have released with all of them, and some more that werent mentioned. I still want close to 360 movement, at least 80 up/down. With diplomatic missions I mean mission were you can actually CHOOSE which way to go, not FFFFFFFFF missions with dialogs.

Just my comments.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir

Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Nothing worse than someone who wants everything now and not willing to pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:41 AM
You nutcase. Why have a midget gorilla when a chimp works for minimum wage!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Nothing worse than someone who wants everything now and not willing to pay for it.
Erm.. I paid 80$ for it. That should be enough for a full featured game, dont you think?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
You nutcase. Why have a midget gorilla when a chimp works for minimum wage!
I found that the chimps liked to throw the contents of the bucket..... so it was only logical to go the gorilla route....they only eat it...not throw it.

(( like your sig by the way ))
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 06:44 AM
You're stupid if you paid that much for it, I only paid 26 for the preorder gold collectors edition. Admittedly I did then pay for lifetime subscription, so imo the higher the price of the sub, the better it works out for me :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scay
Erm.. I paid 80$ for it. That should be enough for a full featured game, dont you think?

i totally agree, these fanbois need to stop going on about subscription and silly nonesence like that. at the moment i still feel even with all the changes, that i paid full price for a half cook game

i think a review said it better
"star trek online, to boldly go where everyone has gone before"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
You're stupid if you paid that much for it, I only paid 26 for the preorder gold collectors edition. Admittedly I did then pay for lifetime subscription, so imo the higher the price of the sub, the better it works out for me :p
As a lifer I still said 10 dollars per month. True that makes my break even about 2 years instead of 16 months but I think the game has better chance of survival with a 10 dollar a month sub instead of 15 in the current state it's in now.

And I gave it a 7 but really felt 6.5 on the rating. I just rounded up but I was back and forth on 6 and 7 so I realized I felt 6.5 was what I really felt.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 06:54 AM
I gave it a 7/10 but said $15, it works out to under 10 for me, which i find fair.