Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasten View Post
Not to sound like a hater but can someone please link a site that stated it was Atari that forced them to release this game too soon. People have been tossing that out along with Cryptic getting a bonus or something not trolling just curious.
Isn't it obvious?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
No. I like my fries fully cooked.
/thread.

I lol'd aloud.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Not to sound like a hater but can someone please link a site that stated it was Atari that forced them to release this game too soon. People have been tossing that out along with Cryptic getting a bonus or something not trolling just curious.
There is no link. It could be true, or it might not be, but no one on these forums aside from the Devs really knows. It something the Cryptic fanboys use to defend their beloved, and its something the Cryptic haters deny to bash the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post
/thread.

I lol'd aloud.
I giggled too, good stuff :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
I blame Atari for this mess.
I thought you left... like twice now?

An Im not touching either an atari product OR a Cryptic product ever again
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
The bonuses the former Cryptic owners gets are for long-term subscriptions meeting projected numbers not for getting the game out quickly. That information was released when Atari purchased Ctyptic. The sale price was for $26.7 million and up-to $20 million more in performance bonuses from STO and CO. That info can be found online.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko

Great! Can you leave too then?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'd just like to add that even if it wasnt the Devs fault that the game was relased "too early", if they KNEW it was going to be released too early, it should have affected their design plan. For example, if they knew there wasnt going to be endgame content, then they should have adjusted the leveling speed so that it took longer to reach the end game than it currently does.
Most places don't design around expecting to fail, they design to succeed.

Also, adjusting level speed would've only made it worse, there is only X amount of content and you have to do about 90% of it to hit admiral 5. So reducing XP rate would've just meant running out of missions to do while leveling and forcing you to grind exploration or defense which would've annoyed and irritated players even more.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...43&postcount=1

Kinda looks familiar doesnt it?

Quote:
a high-performance online platform: the acquisition of Cryptic provides Atari with high-performance, multi-game server-side technology architecture that can be used to develop a range of titles. When combined with a sophisticated customer service infrastructure, it offers very high productivity-per-employee and industry-leading client/server performance and creates MMO games at reasonable cost in 18 to 24-month cycles;
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.
Not annoyed, its funny you cant move on