Lt. Commander
# 41
02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
For those looking for evidence of Atari's involvement:

These are taken from Atari's web site:

May 29, 2009 -- states expected release of STO by end of 2009/2010 fiscal year

November 12, 2009 -- states release date of STO as February 02, 2010

There was also a corporate release between those two stating expected release of STO by March 31, 2010. But I lost that link, apologies.

Note that these were all dates given long before Cryptic or the STO web site or forums confirmed any release dates. Cryptic's tag line had been, "You will get a release date from us first."

The quote claiming that Cryptic churns out MMOs in 18-24 month cycles is slightly out of context. The actual statement is on Atari's web site under Corporate Strategy (for 2008):

http://corporate.atari.com/infograme...strategy_1.php

Not saying that any of this is proof of anything. Just saying, here are the official corporate releases. Make of them what you will.

It also says nothing of CBS' involvement, which is the parent owner of the Star Trek intellectual property and franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Who said any of that? That's all the rumors that seem to fly around every time a game isn't to someone's liking. Rumors aren't facts. Beyond that look at some basic numbers: Assuming 200k people purchased STO that's around a $5 million cash infusion right there. That's more then enough to get STO back on track. Also, looking at the forum and seeing 3000+ new accounts added daily also speaks to the fact that interest in the game is growing.
They'll be lucky if their cut of box sales recoups the money spent making the game. They will rely on subscribers for further development.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'd just like to add that even if it wasnt the Devs fault that the game was relased "too early", if they KNEW it was going to be released too early, it should have affected their design plan. For example, if they knew there wasnt going to be endgame content, then they should have adjusted the leveling speed so that it took longer to reach the end game than it currently does.
it DID effect their design plan they miniaturized everything...sector space no death penalty few quests 1 server see all these issues if you think about all tie in together to each other its the snowball effect
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Second where do you see +3000 a day? lol
There's a nice post here from a couple of days ago when were were discussing forum subscribers. Kanid was nice enough to do the legwork in the system for those of us too lazy to look.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
So this is your goodbye post? You'll stop whining on the forums then?
That would be ideal.

But just in case, I'll add him to my ignore list anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I notice the orginal poster is banned now.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
I notice the orginal poster is banned now.
I don't see any edits in this thread so it was probably an infraction for something else that pushed him over 9 and into a 3-day ban.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
I don't see any edits in this thread so it was probably an infraction for something else that pushed him over 9 and into a 3-day ban.
They've banned Zilag too.
I don't know him but i've seen him post in the forum.
Thats a shame.
He seems like a Star Trek fan.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
They've banned Zilag too.
I don't know him but i've seen him post in the forum.
Thats a shame.
He seems like a Star Trek fan.
They're really cracking down on anyone who uses Troll or Fanboi in threads now. I know they've given out a lot of infraction points for that if used in a negative manner. Not saying those two did, but it's easy to get a point for callling someone a fanboy or troll now, and they add up quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
They're really cracking down on anyone who uses Troll or Fanboi in threads now. I know they've given out a lot of infraction points for that if used in a negative manner. Not saying those two did, but it's easy to get a point for callling someone a fanboy or troll now, and they add up quickly.
I don't think banning somebody like Zilag is good for the future here at the forum.
I saw a previous forum post entitled " the ban hammer" or something like that.
I dismissed it thinking those who get banned deserve it.
But seeing Zilag get banned has concerned me....