Lt. Commander
Im Cpt 8 atm but someone in my family has been telling me that there isnt really much to do onceyou hit RA other than new ship and more quests and some PvP.

Is this true? if not then what else is there to do atm?.

Baring in mind the game has only been released for about 4-5 weeks (over a month) and still has a lot more to bring out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I log in to do my daily, rearrange my tribbles for my breeding program...and then log into an alt. I guess the answer is yes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah pretty much. Log in, queue for PvP and pray, do 3 exploration missions or annoy the low players in borg hunt. thats about it at the moment. Best bet is to get an alt until they have some admiral content. the only thing keeping me logged in is the insane wait times for PvP, and after an hour with no pop i normally log out and play and alt or another game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Same, log in to do my daily chart the cluster mission, rearrange my ship, defend sector to pass the time, since I can't collect anymore skill points, and read the boards. I feel like I'm working a job at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
The last 5 levels (RA6-RA10) aren't in the game yet, nor is the End-game content. Right now there's a daily mission you can do for special merits and they're about to roll-out some 5-man Borg missions, but there's not much else to do yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Well I do just like all the others log on do my Daily then log on my alt.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Prevail
Im Cpt 8 atm but someone in my family has been telling me that there isnt really much to do onceyou hit RA other than new ship and more quests and some PvP.

Is this true? if not then what else is there to do atm?.

Baring in mind the game has only been released for about 4-5 weeks (over a month) and still has a lot more to bring out.
I think the problem might be less how boring the game gets once you reach RA, but rather the problem is how easy and quick it is to reach this point.

The game needs a quick redesign in terms of progression. Make it slower to get promotions, give us more ships and more things to do at the each level as a counter.

Personally, I think that you should start as a cadet, and the tutorial should be much longer. Let us finally earn the rank of ensign and be given a runabout to do missions for our commanding officer, Admiral Quinn. We get one BO, a NCO who flies with us in the runabout.

After Ensign, which should take as long as Lt. does now, we get promoted to Junior Grade Lt. This takes twice as long, but we are offered to "oversee" the Miranda class ship from the tutorial. It is explained that the other officers are Ensigns and NCOs, and that the Miranda-class ship is really under the Admirals command, but we'll be in charge in his absence. More missions, more time.

By the time you make Lt., you have the choice of several small ships to command, and the game progresses as it has, only much slower and with a lot more to do to fill the time. Making Lt. Commander should take months. Making Commander should take a year. Making Captain should be a damn hard and long thing to do, and once you are there you should pretty much settle in and be Captain for a long, long time.

Adding more diversity to the game fills this time. Giving more variety of missions (first contact, exploration, long RP storylines) and less pew-pew helps. Admiral should be a rare, almost impossible rank to reach.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
I think the problem might be less how boring the game gets once you reach RA, but rather the problem is how easy and quick it is to reach this point.

The game needs a quick redesign in terms of progression. Make it slower to get promotions, give us more ships and more things to do at the each level as a counter.

Personally, I think that you should start as a cadet, and the tutorial should be much longer. Let us finally earn the rank of ensign and be given a runabout to do missions for our commanding officer, Admiral Quinn. We get one BO, a NCO who flies with us in the runabout.

After Ensign, which should take as long as Lt. does now, we get promoted to Junior Grade Lt. This takes twice as long, but we are offered to "oversee" the Miranda class ship from the tutorial. It is explained that the other officers are Ensigns and NCOs, and that the Miranda-class ship is really under the Admirals command, but we'll be in charge in his absence. More missions, more time.

By the time you make Lt., you have the choice of several small ships to command, and the game progresses as it has, only much slower and with a lot more to do to fill the time. Making Lt. Commander should take months. Making Commander should take a year. Making Captain should be a damn hard and long thing to do, and once you are there you should pretty much settle in and be Captain for a long, long time.

Adding more diversity to the game fills this time. Giving more variety of missions (first contact, exploration, long RP storylines) and less pew-pew helps. Admiral should be a rare, almost impossible rank to reach.
I think they have every intention of slowing down progression. Right now the game just doesn't have enough missions for them to implement that. Eventually I think you're going to see it take much longer to get through each Rank, but it's not going to feel grindy to do so as there'll be missions rather then just doing Patrols, DSEs and Exploration Missions over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I have been RA for 1 1/2 weeks and have 1 1/2 hours of dailies to do a day. That is perfect for now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
I have been RA for 1 1/2 weeks and have 1 1/2 hours of dailies to do a day. That is perfect for now.
Those 3 missions take you 1.5 hours? I generally have them done in about 30 minutes. Or are you doing additional Exploration missions i B'tran other then the 3 required?