Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I now understand why you quit and I didn't, and why we have dramatically different outlooks on the game...

You view the game to cap as an annoyance("chaff"), and the end game as the real game.

I enjoy playing the game. That's my criteria for if I'm enjoying it: Am I currently enjoying it. You're pushing through stuff you dislike to play the "real game".

It's all so clear now. You're a power leveler that wants to raid. In a game billed as a casual MMO. You pretty much set yourself up for disappointment here by assuming that it was secretly hard-core 9 hour 25 man raids at the end.
Bingo. If I don't enjoy the journey, there's no reason to play.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
This is a weird complaint considering all the threads complaining about how the game was too easy and it sucked they could solo everything...now they make missions that are too tough to be solo'ed and require teamwork and people are angry.

Sometimes I hate the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
This is a weird complaint considering all the threads complaining about how the game was too easy and it sucked they could solo everything...now they make missions that are too tough to be solo'ed and require teamwork and people are angry.

Humanity. You mean you hate humanity. The Internet has nothing to do with the nonsense you're pointing out. It's just harmless tubes without an opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
This is one of the things the CoH did right and LOTRO is beginning to follow up with and STO has starting out too: Instances that scale to group size. This is one of the greatest innovations in MMOs.
Hell yea, this was a great idea. Its the only reason I keep the open group thing on. I love big fights
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post

You guys really need to brush up on reading comprehension. I didn't say grouping content was bad..only that in this game the way its setup finding a group to do it will be bad.

Read, read slow..think...then reply.
Your drama queen ways will all of a sudden disappear..

sheessh
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Hell yea, this was a great idea. Its the only reason I keep the open group thing on. I love big fights
Right. And I love a mixure; I like to solo, small group, and large group. It adds variety to the overall experience so that even the same content will have a different feel depending on group size, group makeup, class/ship variations, and so forth.

Variety is good.

p.s. - This does not take away from the need to provide more actual content in all ranges, not just vary the experience of the same content.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
With the emphasis, at least for a while being put on group content being implemented worries me.

This game isn't set up for social aspects of MMO gaming. Its too instanced and chopped up for that.
Getting pick up groups working together for the up coming content is going to be a chore in frustration I believe. Leaving the content to be done by those mainly in tight, active Fleets. Those that find themselves without an active Fleet are probably going to miss out on most of the up coming content.

Its a prognostication I realize that...but I'm hoping my prediction is wrong.
+1 TRUF

Social is really lacking. Fortifying the Open Teaming system with something to do (role-based missions, like multiple glowies that spawn to the count of players involved at onset and need to be triggered at the same time, or "prevent X amt. of ships from going through the transwarp coil to destroy Earth"... God, do I sound like I still play City of Heroes or what?) wouldn't hurt the cause and keep the instance system in tact.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
You guys really need to brush up on reading comprehension. I didn't say grouping content was bad..only that in this game the way its setup finding a group to do it will be bad.

Read, read slow..think...then reply.
Your drama queen ways will all of a sudden disappear..

sheessh
I guess I never thought it was hard to find people to play with since I have friends. This is my first MMO so you'll have to forgive me for forgetting some players of the genre are social hermits.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I now understand why you quit and I didn't, and why we have dramatically different outlooks on the game...

You view the game to cap as an annoyance("chaff"), and the end game as the real game.

I enjoy playing the game. That's my criteria for if I'm enjoying it: Am I currently enjoying it. You're pushing through stuff you dislike to play the "real game".

It's all so clear now. You're a power leveler that wants to raid. In a game billed as a casual MMO. You pretty much set yourself up for disappointment here by assuming that it was secretly hard-core 9 hour 25 man raids at the end.
Your first two points here are true. I dislike the grind to cap, but I consider it an annoyance to make capping all the sweeter. I enjoy my self while I churn through the "chaff", other wise, why would I continue? The end is my goal, I have fun reaching my goal and like to reach my goal. So?

The game should go gold with endgame. Period.

Your third point is way off base. All I did was play the game, ...then I hit cap. I didn't plan sessions, or stay beyond boredom (mostly), I just logged in and played...and hit RA5. What? That makes me a "bad" gamer? C'mon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
personally, id rather just see more storyline, main quest content that scales from solo to team. *shrug* it doesnt have to be that complicated.