Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
03-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylpha
The Bat'leth is a weapon of Honor. It is a spiritual weapon that was used to its fullest extent by Kahless the Unforgetable. The weapon is an extension of every true Klingon. There are better weapons, but none as sacred as the Bat'leth; and should not be used by those who do not understand its spirituality.

However, Bat'leths do make short work of your combat engineers...

Signed,
Lurcita of the House Kleri
Qap'La
I tend to disagree with this on the principle that my combat enginseers and techpriests always deploy with large quantities of explosives. And no matter how good you are with the 'blade' (HAHAHA!) you can't outduel a bomb.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Tsk, Klingons... Women have no business wearing any clothes! A short skirt is a step in the right direction!
I agree 100 Percent no clothes on the females
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidMetroid View Post
"Hunting etiquette"? You will forgive me, I hope, if I take a moment to chuckle at your foolishness.

My race is, at best, and uneasy ally of the Federation. Why? Because we're hunters, and we're not picky about what, or who, we eat.

Klingons boast and brag about being honorable warriors and great hunters. They are neither. Honorable warriors do not hide behind cloaks and ambush their targets, that is what hunters do. Great hunters do not pretend to honor or silly rules, that is what warriors do.

You have taken the worst of both, and are weaker for it. My people do not worry about honor when hunting, we worry about food in our bellies and survival. We are hunters, and make no claims otherwise.

Someday, maybe, your people will realize their error and correct it. On that day, they may truely become as great as they think they are. Until then, just be thankful that Klingon leaves a foul aftertaste in our mouths.

I will admit, though, that you have a point about the clothing. The "miniskirt" appears to be designed to provide as little coverage as possible while hampering movement. I have no idea why these things are so popluar, and would never wear one.

Until we meet on the hunting fields;
Nyrei, Huntleader of the Tanner Clan
First Officer of the U.S.S. Gmork

P.S.: I have shown this to my Captain. He has recovered a few of your honorable weapons from various Gorn he's taken out in hand to hand combat. He will attempt to send them back to you, and asks that you please send more Gorn into combat against us in reply. I hope you do so, as I'm still a few teeth short of a full necklace.
My dear Nyrei,
You need to check your allies a little more closely. I ask you to assess your closest Federation database for two files: Project Pegasus and Project Defiant. Both of these STARFLEET warships have/had cloaking devices which your Federation should not have. In fact, your Defiant class bucket of scrap is being cloned to build other illegal cloaking warships for your federation. I would look at that alliance with such a noble and honorable people just a little bit more.

Let's discuss our cloaking abilities. Klingons do not hide our cloaking abilities like your earther allies. If you will ever be honored to see a true Klingon hunt, you will see that his and her hunting expeditions can take hours if not days. This is so that our warriors can match and fit into the environment that they will be hunting in. Only a fool goes into a hunt and stomps around. I would challenge your race to a hunt in the wilds one time.... I guarantee you that I will be more successful than you could ever be....huntsmaster.

We Klingons only use..."replicators" for Blood wine! Our food is....fresh from our hunts.

There are slight differences between the Gorn and the Klingons. We know that the cowards of the Federation will attack us when they see us. Diplomacy and Honor with the Federation is giving inferior lifeforms better technology that they should never of had in the first place. Meanwhile they break treaties with true allies, such as the Klingons by invading our sectors of space and protecting lifeforms whose very planets belong to the Klingon Empire.

I must return to battle....Perhaps our paths will cross. I hope for your sake that we are not opponents.

Signed,
Lurcita
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I tend to disagree with this on the principle that my combat enginseers and techpriests always deploy with large quantities of explosives. And no matter how good you are with the 'blade' (HAHAHA!) you can't outduel a bomb.
My Dear Admiral Earther,
The next combat engineer that I kill with my bat'leth, I shall personally have a neutral party take to your federation. You will then be able to examine the bat'leth wounds and stand in awe of my hunting prowess.

Your very words have succeeded in dooming an earther. I would quit while you were ahead...

Signed,
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osagasu
Unfortunately, Starfleet has not authorized the use of any melee weapons beyond our fists and the Bat'leths of our fallen enemies.

I don't want to break a nail, thus...
The federation likes to fire weapons from range like the cowards that they are. We Klingons like to be....as the earther expression goes..."up close and personal".

Signed,
Lurcita
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
[quote=K-Tar]
Quote:
I, Lurcita, of the Houst of Kleri have a dispute!

When hunting down the enemies of Quo'nos during a ground expedition, I noticed two shocking things:

1) I saw a federation officer wielding a bat'leth (clearly of DS-9 type quality). To know that some of our Klingon bretheren have decided to become Federation lapdogs is a complete embarrassment. Their lands must be ceased immediately...but I digress.

I get my bat'leths from my younger brother who still lives on Quo'nos. But don't worry, we're not nobility, we're soldiers. That means we actually work for getting command of a ship and have no lands for your kind to confiscate.

Bah, an ally of criminals and pirates dares to tell me what honour is? Any Starfleet officer has more honour than all the races in the Klingon Empire put together. Get rid of your pirate and smuggler friends and learn to keep your treaties, when I will maybe consider that you have the slightest idea of what "honour" means.

If you can't stand short skirts on earth women you should think about taking your eyes out with a bat'leth when seeing the loincloths of the Orion *****s you have on Quo'nos.

Signed,

Admiral Korrek of the USS Cochise.
Admiral Earther,
I am proud of you that you know one of our drinking songs. For those who do not speak the Klingon language, i shall translate. In time, you will all know our language.

And the blood was ankle deep.
And the River Skral ran crimson red.
On the day above all days.
When Kahless slew evil Molor dead.

Signed,
Lurcita
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdbear View Post
I agree 100 Percent no clothes on the females
Another honorable ally of the Federation..... I shall leave this statement to its own devices....

Signed,
Lurcita
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
The federation likes to fire weapons from range like the cowards that they are. We Klingons like to be....as the earther expression goes..."up close and personal".

Signed,
Lurcita
If you like I could do one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLIO...eature=related
Note: You're in the black.
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
My dear Nyrei,
You need to check your allies a little more closely. I ask you to assess your closest Federation database for two files: Project Pegasus and Project Defiant. Both of these STARFLEET warships have/had cloaking devices which your Federation should not have. In fact, your Defiant class bucket of scrap is being cloned to build other illegal cloaking warships for your federation. I would look at that alliance with such a noble and honorable people just a little bit more.

Let's discuss our cloaking abilities. Klingons do not hide our cloaking abilities like your earther allies. If you will ever be honored to see a true Klingon hunt, you will see that his and her hunting expeditions can take hours if not days. This is so that our warriors can match and fit into the environment that they will be hunting in. Only a fool goes into a hunt and stomps around. I would challenge your race to a hunt in the wilds one time.... I guarantee you that I will be more successful than you could ever be....huntsmaster.

We Klingons only use..."replicators" for Blood wine! Our food is....fresh from our hunts.

There are slight differences between the Gorn and the Klingons. We know that the cowards of the Federation will attack us when they see us. Diplomacy and Honor with the Federation is giving inferior lifeforms better technology that they should never of had in the first place. Meanwhile they break treaties with true allies, such as the Klingons by invading our sectors of space and protecting lifeforms whose very planets belong to the Klingon Empire.

I must return to battle....Perhaps our paths will cross. I hope for your sake that we are not opponents.

Signed,
Lurcita
In my frustration over your letter, I neglected to speak more about the Gorn. While the Klingons know that they will be attacked right away by a scared federation rabbit, the Gorn handles things differently. The Gorn have been known to hail the enemy and ask them to leave the sector first before they attack. This is foolhearty. Enemies, particularly the Federation, will always look to hit first and then run away like the cowards that they are. Klingons consider hunting as a science. A Klingon shapes the battle for herself. She does not allow the battle to shape her.

Signed,
Lurcita
Lt. Commander
# 90
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
The Bat'leth is a weapon of Honor. It is a spiritual weapon that was used to its fullest extent by Kahless the Unforgetable. The weapon is an extension of every true Klingon. There are better weapons, but none as sacred as the Bat'leth; and should not be used by those who do not understand its spirituality.

However, Bat'leths do make short work of your combat engineers...

Signed,
Qap'La
I understand what you mean about this, and I do agree that there is more to a weapon than just how good it is in battle. Many times, a weapon also carries cultural significance--your Bat'leths are a prime example of this. Another example is the Japanese Katana, the weapon of choice for a Japanese Samurai. This is another reason I hope that the Federation will allow its officers to obtain Katanas--those of us who follow the code of the Samurai need to display our heritage by using the traditional weapon of the Samurai.