Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebulun
soooo does this invalidate the review somehow?

I'm Cmdr 8 and can't see how this would change the review...

Oh, I see, you must be one of those that blasted through to RA in 3 days. Apparently, I must be missing the end game content and drastic shift in gameplay that is only available to RA ranks..... puh-leaze.

I think you're just a fanboi that can't look @ STO objectively.
Lol I just wanted to say.........

When i'm calling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebulun
soooo does this invalidate the review somehow?

I'm Cmdr 8 and can't see how this would change the review...

Oh, I see, you must be one of those that blasted through to RA in 3 days. Apparently, I must be missing the end game content and drastic shift in gameplay that is only available to RA ranks..... puh-leaze.

I think you're just a fanboi that can't look @ STO objectively.
lmao QFT, it is still the same identical repeatable missions at RA, but now you have a half ass put together skill tree capped
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
And this is something new to MMOs?
You must enjoy a life filled with low standards.

The bar is set at your ankles, thus everyone only needs to reach that bar and that's sufficient.

But if you're wondering... No, bugs in an MMO aren't the issue but the MAJOR bugs in this game need to be resolved...

Let's list a few:
Poor collision detection
Inaccurate torpedo firing refresh (heavy plasma torpedoes anyone?)
Quest rewards for the wrong rank (capn reward for a cmdr quest)
Old quests for drastically lower levels do not go away no is their an option to hide
"Stuck" buttons in the hot bar (jab, ground skill shows up in the space hotbar and isn't removable as an example)
Clicking respawn sometimes does nothing (really annoying when midway through a long quest)
Sometimes you can't pick up "scanned" items

Of course I won't get into some of the clumsy interfaces, like trying to search for particular items in the exchange, a mass delete button for in game mail or scanning through BO skills when trying to find skills to train them in, just to name a few.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
A lot of my favourite music, movies and books got bad reviews from everyone doesn't mean they are right. I still enjoy them.
Sorry but just not true. If everyone didn't like it but you it would go away. In every instance there are those that like a thing and those that don't. I have never seen any set of reviews where "everyone" didn't like it. Sure, if you just take the negative reviews you could say that. In this case I have not seen one single review that gave this game a decent grade/rating.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebulun
You must enjoy a life filled with low standards.

The bar is set at your ankles, thus everyone only needs to reach that bar and that's sufficient.

But if you're wondering... No, bugs in an MMO aren't the issue but the MAJOR bugs in this game need to be resolved...

Let's list a few:
Poor collision detection
Inaccurate torpedo firing refresh (heavy plasma torpedoes anyone?)
Quest rewards for the wrong rank (capn reward for a cmdr quest)
Old quests for drastically lower levels do not go away no is their an option to hide
"Stuck" buttons in the hot bar (jab, ground skill shows up in the space hotbar and isn't removable as an example)
Clicking respawn sometimes does nothing (really annoying when midway through a long quest)
Sometimes you can't pick up "scanned" items

Of course I won't get into some of the clumsy interfaces, like trying to search for particular items in the exchange, a mass delete button for in game mail or scanning through BO skills when trying to find skills to train them in, just to name a few.
Not everyone has same standards in life about things so yeah. but choosing a video game just to have fun neither uplifts your standard or brings it down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Not everyone has same standards in life about things so yeah. but choosing a video game just to have fun neither uplifts your standard or brings it down.
lol touche'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeedy2k
Sorry but just not true. If everyone didn't like it but you it would go away. In every instance there are those that like a thing and those that don't. I have never seen any set of reviews where "everyone" didn't like it. Sure, if you just take the negative reviews you could say that. In this case I have not seen one single review that gave this game a decent grade/rating.
Well i am sure i am not the only one, usually critics do not represent public opinion and thats why you will always see conflicts between the two. Such things are hard to form an opinion about since i don't know each and everyone out there who disagree with criticism of a particular product.

Not saying reviewers are wrong just that i don't have to depend upon them to enjoy something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebulun
You must enjoy a life filled with low standards.
Sounds to me like someone who lives life with little disappointments.

But on a more serious note: Cryptic pay heed. There's another post where people are putting what they rated the game on the survey and the numbers are pretty damn low. Highest I saw when I read it was like a 6 (pretty in line with this review). I know you guys have lots of things planned for the future, but maybe the future should be now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
I like how the reviewer never made it past Lt. Commander 5 .... yawn, next review pl0x
Other then a different ship the game differs past LTC 5 how? Yawn... more of the same.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I would give this game a 7. It's fun, but needs some serious improvements.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.