Lt. Commander
Ep. 1 link

For episode 2, I have decided to take a linear mission right from STO, which I feel was not very Star Trek, and give it a Star Trek feel, with the choices option many people want in this game. And no, its not the Admiral Zelle quest, but honestly, how did they NOT think we would realize wtf was going on. DUH!

Anyway, I believe the mission was Saturday's Child:

You ship has arrived in system. Your orders are to get in contact with a Federation Admiral on the surface, who is currently in negotiations with the local inhabitants. Right out of warp, you see this mission is going to be interesting...

Tactical Officer: "Captain, detecting both Romulan and Klingon ships in the area. They are...fighting one another."

You: "Attacking each other?"

Tactical Officer: "Yes sir. Recommend waiting until the ships are destroyed or leave before beaming down."

Choice 1: Enter the fray now. Death or Glory!
Choice 2: Wait until one side wins, then diplomacize.
Choice 3: Wait until one side wins, then DESTROY THEM!
Choice 4: Diplomacy, find out why the fighting and get them to stop

Klingon players, you can play too!! You have been sent with pretty much the same mission, only you are assisting Captain Ja'rod of the I.K.S Kang, and its Romulan and Fed ships. Your points will differ since Fed values and Klingon values are...different.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 03:20 AM
i choose choice 4
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 05:26 AM
choice 1
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
/me considers if this is worth continuing
Lt. Commander
# 5 none of the above
02-21-2010, 07:30 PM
My closest option would be 4 I would actually fly between the two ships train weapons on both and suggest they stand down before I fire on both. Then try and either get them to leave or start a round table neogiation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Option 4. If that doesn't work... Option 2... if that doesn't work Option 3.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Note: In the game, you really only have options 1 and 3. Either you take them all on, or you wait until one side wins and destroy the other.

Choice 1: 5 points for furthering the mission. You turn your foes into space junk. The path clear, you beam down.

Choice 2: If the Klingons win, they grudgingly decided not to fight, due to damage to their ships. You learn that Ja'rrod of the I.K.S. Kang is in negotiations not only with the planet inhabitants, but with the starfleet admiral. You may choose to assist in the repairs of the Klingon ship if you wish. If the Romulans win, see option 3, they don't talk. 10 points, advancement and diplomacy (Even if romulans won, its the thought that counts). Beam down.

Choice 3: After one side wins, you join the fight destroying the weakened ships. Take 5 points for advancement. Way is clear, beam down.

Choice 4: You definitely are now in harms way. You learn the Klingons are in negotiations on the planet surface, most likely also with the Admiral you are here to meet. On the other hand, the Romulans are here because this system is near Romulan space, and there for is Romulan territory. Trying to defuse the situation, you get a short 1 hour time frame to finish negotiations, and leave. A romulan observer is also beamed to your ship to ensure negotiations are not for Romulan technology, or covert information. Beam down with the observer and take 10.

Upon arriving at the planet, you meet a young woman of the native species. She explains to you that she feels the Klingons have "kidnapped" her father, the chief. As you try to calm her down, a Klingon patrol comes up over the hill. Now what?

Choice 1: Shoot to kill
Choice 2: Stun them, question a Klingon
Choice 3: Diplomacy, don't shoot first. But if need be, choose 1 or 2

Choose your path, making sure to protect the "princess" and the observer (if he came with)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Option 3. I'm going by what I think the captains in the TV shows would go with.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Without reading the outcome I chose option 2, I have no idea why they are fighting and am itching to find out.
continueing I have no clue which side won but I would pick Choice 3, my character is a Doctor and a scientist, also has a lot of experience through her Trill symbiont, I'd be surprised if she willingly became Gung'Ho . So Option 3, if it fails option 2. Information is power, especially during wartime.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
where is the Kirk option to sleep with the princess then save her dad and leave her