Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I figured I'd give PVP a try after leveling up for a while and I was very disappointed to find how broken it is.

Every game I join it has been 2 or 3 Federation vs 5 Klingons (in 10 player maps) and 6 Federation vs 10 Klingon (in 20 player maps).

So much for hoping PVP in this game would not suck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
All players get the invitation to the game at the same time.

Because Klingons don't have anything else to do besides waiting for the queue to pop and FEDs sometimes want to finish their nearly done quest, oversleep it because they already waited for a long time and went semi-afk, or simply end their current kill.

This leads to FEDs joining later, Klingons almost instantly and therefore unbalance in the early stages of the game.

This is especially an issue in T5 PvP. In lower tiers, when Klingons got more FEDs to battle it usually happens that 2 queues pop for them (second while they are playing the first already), meaning it takes 1min until the system realizes he can't attend and sends the next Klingon the invite. The odds are in the other way there, just with the difference that waiting for other players is much easier with a cloak than without it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Also because you can queue up for 3 things at once.

So you and 4 other people get invited to join Ghost Ship, but the 4 other people are already in Assimilated Cruiser and didn't see the invite. When they time out, 4 more people get invited, but they're already in Cracked Planet. When they time out, 4 more people get invited, etc etc.

Cryptic really needs to make some changes here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Cryptic really needs to make some changes here.
Everyone can leave the other queues before joining the game.

That's at least what I and several friends/fleetmates do to help the Klingon side a little bit more. This takes you around 4 (with open queue window) to 8 (with closes queue window) seconds and helps everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Everyone can leave the other queues before joining the game.

That's at least what I and several friends/fleetmates do to help the Klingon side a little bit more. This takes you around 4 (with open queue window) to 8 (with closes queue window) seconds and helps everyone.
good idea but would bet that A) most people won't think to do this or B) care enough to do it

but I, for one, will make an attempt to remember to drop other queues. if enough of us give it a try, bet it would make a big difference.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Bump the hell out of this thread. Keep it at the top. A thousand posts, a million!

CAUSE DANGIT CRYPTIC THIS IS THE #1 PROBLEM WITH PVP RIGHT NOW, AND GIVEN THE COMPETITION, THAT'S HARD TO ACHIEVE
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
They need to simply make it so that when you join one game you automatically get dropped from any queues you're a currently in. That or make it so you can only queue into one game at a time. I have to agree it should be a pretty high priority. Last night I even spent like three minutes BY MYSELF in a Cracked Planet before another player showed up. Fixing this problem would also really help to prevent so much spawn camping too. Usually it just happens when one side spawns in and has to wait for the other side to show up and they get bored.

On a related note they could also make it so that nobody can move until both sides are filled, much like happens at the end of a match.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 02:59 PM
it says you are unqueued when you enter a match the reason is the game doesn't wait for all to accept so first to click is first in.

K'rapok Cptn KDF
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I've also had a number of join offers time out because the blasted indicator didn't show up.

This happens to me all the time. 'You failed to respond in time for X, so have been removed from the queue.'
But... I was just sitting here, watching the screen! The hell??

I've been in evenly matched PvP games, it's just green. (Uncommon...)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albs477 View Post
it says you are unqueued when you enter a match the reason is the game doesn't wait for all to accept so first to click is first in.

K'rapok Cptn KDF
No you aren't. I've queued up for multiple matches before, then come out of the one I was doing and was still queued for the other. It tells you that it dropped you when you failed to respond, but only AFTER it would have sent you the invite. So for example I queue up for Cracked Planet, Briar Patch and Solar wind. Solar Wind pops up so I go in. While I'm in there Cracked Planet spawns but since I don't get the pop-up in the match it shows I failed to respond THEN it allows the next person in. When I come out Briar Patch still hasn't spawned so I'm still queued. I've seen this tons of times. I finally started just queueing for one match at a time so I can try and do my part to prevent others from having jacked up matches.