Lt. Commander
# 1 Maxed Out Content? Now What?
02-24-2010, 11:27 AM
So I'm a Level 5 Rear Admiral, and I've noticed an inability to get more skill points for my own character. I'm only receiving Bridge Officer skill points. I asked a friend and was informed that, since I'm Level 5 Rear Admiral, I'm maxed out.

I've played all the missions. I've done all the non-repeatable content.

Is this true? Seems to be.

Bigger question: now what?

Why should I pay $15.99 a month that I don't have for a game where I've maxed out, and all I can do is repeatable "defend the ______ block" and "explore the _____ cluster/nebula/expanse" missions, over and over and over and over?

Likewise, if I choose not to keep going now, but when new content is added I want to come back, will I be able to? Will I be able to cancel my subscription for the time being, and in 3 months or 6 months, or whenever new missions are added, come back, pay my money, and resume my character from the current point of experience? Or if I cancel, does he just up and vanish?

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Cryptic hasn't added the last 5 levels or the End-game content yet. It's coming later. They're about to roll-out some 5-man missions to do, though. Other then that there's nothing left to do but play an alt, maybe on the Klingon side, wait it out, or come back in a few months when everything's in place.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm really beginning to wonder if people can actually read these days.

End game is being rolled out. From an interview the first special task force (aka raid) is out tomorrow. Following that they are planning on adding one every two weeks, amongst other things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan

End game is being rolled out. From an interview the first special task force (aka raid) is out tomorrow. Following that they are planning on adding one every two weeks, amongst other things.
Yes what they say and what will happen.. 2 different things
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 11:37 AM
So far they have dlivered on what they've said. We've had one end game patch already and its only a few weeks after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
So far they have dlivered on what they've said. We've had one end game patch already and its only a few weeks after launch.
Which would be great, you know, if those kind of things were in BEFORE the game released.

And yes OP, you can come back in a few months and your characters will be here fully intact.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_STO
Which would be great, you know, if those kind of things were in BEFORE the game released.

Most MMOs do not have end game at launch, or for months after. I think someone needs to stop applying rules and expectations for one developer, while conviently forgetting about others.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:

And you really, come, you REALLY believe ONE raid every TWO weeks justifies paying 15 bucks a month when that's ALL you can do besides the daily? Come on.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
You have reached the end of the internet. You won!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Another Admiral? Where is this man's free toaster?