Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
I'm really beginning to wonder if people can actually read these days.
I stopped wondering that long ago...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Most MMOs do not have end game at launch, or for months after. I think someone needs to stop applying rules and expectations for one developer, while conviently forgetting about others.
I don't understand why people keep saying that, the last few MMOs I've played have all had end-game content at release
Lt. Commander
# 13
I see we have someone else who can't read. Where have they said that is all they are doing? They've already stated many other things that are on the way.

Even if it were, yeah a raid every 2 weeks is pretty good going. Its way more than any other MMO out there.
Lt. Commander
# 14
It is hard not to compare game launches. And I don't mean what they are now. I mean what they were when it launched. Such as LOTRO, they had noone of the content and problems that STO seems to have. Most their bugs and quests and such were fixed in the beta so when launch day came they didn't have much to fix besides the ocassional bug or two.

What I think most people are complaining about end game is that it is to easy to get to it therfore they should of had most of this out at launch. Honestly the only way to not realize that it was easy to gain levels at just 2 hours a day means they don't actually play the game itself to test out the mechanics. 8
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
And you really, come, you REALLY believe ONE raid every TWO weeks justifies paying 15 bucks a month when that's ALL you can do besides the daily? Come on.
I don't think anyone is justifying that at all. What each person decides is the value is the value. I personally don't find 50 cents a day to be out of line for what I'm getting. YMMV. The point being made is that STO doesn't live in a vacuum. New content is being added all the time with more coming, including adding in the last 5 levels, finishing Klingons, and putting in a proper End-game. If you want to stick around and play throught it, great. If you don't. Don't. If you want to come back later then come back later. Each person can only decide that for him/herself.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscolapse2 View Post
It is hard not to compare game launches. And I don't mean what they are now. I mean what they were when it launched. Such as LOTRO, they had noone of the content and problems that STO seems to have. Most their bugs and quests and such were fixed in the beta so when launch day came they didn't have much to fix besides the ocassional bug or two.

What I think most people are complaining about end game is that it is to easy to get to it therfore they should of had most of this out at launch. Honestly the only way to not realize that it was easy to gain levels at just 2 hours a day means they don't actually play the game itself to test out the mechanics. 8
I'm sorry, but while I'm actually a big fan of LOTRO is was not as you portray.

Level 40+ content was lacking in quantity. Many of the dungeons were broken and the raid was added later (all be it not much later).
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_STO
I don't understand why people keep saying that, the last few MMOs I've played have all had end-game content at release
Most of the MMOs I play don't have any end-game at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I don't think anyone is justifying that at all. What each person decides is the value is the value. I personally don't find 50 cents a day to be out of line for what I'm getting. YMMV. The point being made is that STO doesn't live in a vacuum. New content is being added all the time with more coming, including adding in the last 5 levels, finishing Klingons, and putting in a proper End-game. If you want to stick around and play throught it, great. If you don't. Don't. If you want to come back later then come back later. Each person can only decide that for him/herself.
This is true, and each has their own opinon. A friendly debat on views should not be looked at as bad =P
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Most of the MMOs I play don't have any end-game at all.
So you've played Star Trek Online and Champions Online I see
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
I'm saying there should be three times the content there is now to make it worth 15 bucks a month, I'm saying the game is unfinished and unpolished because of the Atari suits that wanted a quick buck and made Cryptic rush the game when it wasn't even close to being ready, and I'm saying that this won't change, ever, unless people start to stand up, and the only way any business will listen is if you withhold your money.

Capitalism sucks for MMOs.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but while I'm actually a big fan of LOTRO is was not as you portray.

Level 40+ content was lacking in quantity. Many of the dungeons were broken and the raid was added later (all be it not much later).
True, but getting to level 40 took five times as long as in STO. And there was more content and beautiful areas than I knew what to do with along the way.