Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
And you really, come, you REALLY believe ONE raid every TWO weeks justifies paying 15 bucks a month when that's ALL you can do besides the daily? Come on.
One raid every two weeks?

How dare they. It should be two raids every week. And they should come with free pie.

Last I checked WoW was up to 6 new raids every 3 days.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
I'm sorry, but while I'm actually a big fan of LOTRO is was not as you portray.

Level 40+ content was lacking in quantity. Many of the dungeons were broken and the raid was added later (all be it not much later).
Im talking about overall performance of the game at release. It took more time to level at playing just 2 hours a day. Yes every mmo has its bugs and things that need to fix;. However they are fast in fixing what is broken or shoudl i say what was broken.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine

How dare they. It should be two raids every week. And they should come with free pie.

Shisters REALLY.. *runs back to her wow account* lol :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
I see we have someone else who can't read. Where have they said that is all they are doing? They've already stated many other things that are on the way.

Even if it were, yeah a raid every 2 weeks is pretty good going. Its way more than any other MMO out there.
Time to pop another bubble!

EVE is going to be adding content to over fifty thousand planets this summer.

STO has a way to go yet:p
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_STO
So you've played Star Trek Online and Champions Online I see
Actually I've been playing MMORPGs since 1999, starting with UO. Moved onto SWG, WoW, EQ2, LOTRO, etc. In between I've beta tested the vast majority of main stream MMORPGs that have come out since 2004, seeing them through to release. Some like Wish that didn't even make it to market.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine

I don't care about raids. I want exploration, ship customization/missions/interaction, an actual crafting system, sparring, full un-instanced systems, a seamless way to transfer between instances, a WHOLE lot more episodic content along the path to 45, as well as a far far grandeur galaxy. The current model is what, 200 LY wide/long? That's the alpha and beta quadrant included... lmao, seriously, come on. There's SO much that should be in a star trek mmo that isn't.. sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltec
Time to pop another bubble!

EVE is going to be adding content to over fifty thousand planets this summer.

STO has a way to go yet:p
Indeed EvE does every single thing right that I want besides the actual combat. Gah! IT's so damn stupid lol. Either the game sucks in the world/universal structure engine, or the gameplay sucks.

There's no hope on the horizon either, Black prophecy while being twitched based is still heavily instanced and small ships only, jumpgate evolution is the same thing only worse because it's cartoony and without a death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
True, but getting to level 40 took five times as long as in STO. And there was more content and beautiful areas than I knew what to do with along the way.
It also had the trait system, so you could progress your character further after you had attained max level. It also had a crafting system as well. The biggest thing Cryptic always forgets, in both CO and STO, is the lack of any activities to do other then missions. If I'm not running missions on STO the only thing left to do is sit in the Spacedock and hope all the Klingons haven't quit already so my PvP finally Qs up. Exhilarating
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
I
True, but getting to level 40 took five times as long as in STO. And there was more content and beautiful areas than I knew what to do with along the way.
there still is.. Mirkwood is awsome.! And yes it did take twice as long to level giving them more time to come out with the endgame. To me this is the defining factor of what I look for in a game, yes making levels is fun but if you take the challange and the thought out of the actual process your just left with some game that you finish and have to wait for more to do.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
I'm saying there should be three times the content there is now to make it worth 15 bucks a month, I'm saying the game is unfinished and unpolished because of the Atari suits that wanted a quick buck and made Cryptic rush the game when it wasn't even close to being ready, and I'm saying that this won't change, ever, unless people start to stand up, and the only way any business will listen is if you withhold your money.

Capitalism sucks for MMOs.

The game was rushed because it had 2 years to launch as per the license agreement. That would've been the same whether Atari purchased Cryptic or I had. It was either launch or be in violation of the license. Do I think the game needed 6 more months of work? Yep. Said so many times in CB. But that time wasn't available and, for the most part, I've enjoyed playing STO over the last 3 weeks. I'm willing to play through the next 6 months and see where it goes. You're more then welcome to come back then and give it another try. No one is forcing you to stay or leave. What you do with your 50 cents a day is your business.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_STO
It also had the trait system, so you could progress your character further after you had attained max level. It also had a crafting system as well. The biggest thing Cryptic always forgets, in both CO and STO, is the lack of any activities to do other then missions. If I'm not running missions on STO the only thing left to do is sit in the Spacedock and hope all the Klingons haven't quit already so my PvP finally Qs up. Exhilarating
Indeed, I did my daily today *another thing I despise, I'm playing now, let me advance my character, don't force me to wait a ****ing day to do so everytime* and all I can do is help out my fleet mates, but even that is gimped now because enemies spawn to MY level, not the level of the person with the mission. So I can't even help my friends now. I have literally nothing to do, at all. Nada. No way AT ALL to progress my character.