Lt. Commander
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I always thought some of the best episodes of each series involved aliens or an alien device causing the crew to turn against the captain or something similar.

This could make for a really unique mission if implemented well. Just think of all the time we spend upgrading the weapons, armor and shields of our officers. This could lead to a pretty epic fight if you had to battle your own bridge officers or at least stun them long enough to cure the alien neck parasites/alien mind control game/alien energy parasites, etc.

Having to fight them on your own bridge might even be a great surprise way to implement this as a "shocker" moment.

Along those lines, having to face evil, mirror universe versions of yourself and officers (maybe even your ship) could be a pretty epic battle too.

I guess the point of both these ideas would be making you actually REGRET all the upgrades you put into your own people when they turn on you.

Just a thought. anyone else like this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
We'll title the mission "Dear Science Officers, Sucks To Be You".
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
The I would shoot them as is the Captains right in a time of war concern mutiny. Then I would activate the other ones I have on standby. Of course thats just me.

Though I have no problems with any new mission or content.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Considering how they act in ground missions, I already assumed a mutiny was underway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
We'll title the mission "Dear Science Officers, Sucks To Be You".
are science officers particularly bad at ground combat or something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKurn View Post
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I always thought some of the best episodes of each series involved aliens or an alien device causing the crew to turn against the captain or something similar.

This could make for a really unique mission if implemented well. Just think of all the time we spend upgrading the weapons, armor and shields of our officers. This could lead to a pretty epic fight if you had to battle your own bridge officers or at least stun them long enough to cure the alien neck parasites/alien mind control game/alien energy parasites, etc.

Having to fight them on your own bridge might even be a great surprise way to implement this as a "shocker" moment.

Along those lines, having to face evil, mirror universe versions of yourself and officers (maybe even your ship) could be a pretty epic battle too.

I guess the point of both these ideas would be making you actually REGRET all the upgrades you put into your own people when they turn on you.

Just a thought. anyone else like this idea?
Agreed; there was an episode in series 5 DS9 where that engineer fella's wife was actually an alien from the wormhole. Had him sabotaging the station. Would be cool to get some dynamic and different missions into this game
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
There is a DS9 mission with gas that causes you and them to target allies (or it's a convenient bug on the mission).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKurn View Post
are science officers particularly bad at ground combat or something?
Depending on their spec and kit choice, they could do alright. They could also be like me, with points in my healing skills and a kit to match, and be absolutely slaughtered. It's a mixed bag, but the bad for them is really, really bad.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 12:14 PM
if my officers mutinied i would have them put up against a bulkhead and shot! this is the military and its during wartime. mutiny == death.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
2 votes to just flat out execute your own bridge officers. man...you guys have really bonded with your crews, lol.

I didn't mean they were INTENTIONALLY mutinying. It doesn't sound like you're worried about such minor details, haha.