Lt. Commander
# 1 BOff -> Character progression
02-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Something I was thinking about today while updating my stogeek.com entries. I might consider taking one of my BOffs and saving their config and using it to create a playable character to continue their storyline. of course, they'd start over again as an Ensign in the game, but it'd be a cool way to continue the story of a single crew member as they progress through their life.

Of course, the in-game dynamics of this is that you basically retire one of your BOffs after saving their config, create a new character of the same Race/Gender and then Load the config onto that new character who'd be a noob with absolutely no skills or BOffs...who has to fight the Borg all over again. LOL

Maybe that story would revolve around time travel.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
<<crickets>>
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
ten forward
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
The ever so important T.P.D. (Throws it out the airlock along with the Prime Directive.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Time for a serious response.

I've been doing the exact opposite of this for a large portion of Hazard's career. I have this tendency to make a character on a whim, then get bored with him/her four or five levels into it... instead of just deleting the character and trying something new (like I have with other MMOs) I've been RPing a core breach, or an epic battle with Klingons, or some other way for this character's ship to be permanently destroyed. Then I'll RP that Hazard reads their dossier and decides to offer them a position on his crew.

I have six crew members that were, at one point, alts of mine. I even have one repatriated Andorian engineer who was captured by True Way soldiers and held as a POW for three years.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 12:32 PM
That is a great idea Hazard. Do you keep the alts or delete them after they become your BOffs?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
If he has six he had to have deleted at least some of them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
That is a great idea Hazard. Do you keep the alts or delete them after they become your BOffs?
I only have three character slots, so I have to delete them. I really wish Cryptic gave us more. I will gladly pay for more as soon as they let us.

But now with Hazard, Lamek, and my Klingon (who may or may not survive, I haven't decided if I like playing a character with no PvE options yet), I have no character slots to use for any more of this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
yup yup Capulet wears her sign once in a while too, tyvm *bows* ooo penny!