Lt. Commander
I have played many different games and I must say I have enjoyed most of them. I consider myself an average player with a wide range of interests. I really enjoy this game so far, but one thing that seems to be missing for me so far is the challenge.

Here is what I mean. In one game I played there were dungeons with hidden puzzles, traps or solutions that were pretty difficult, you really had to think to solve for them, not just guess or in a minute make three trys and get past them. There were also instances which required multiple players working in unison or taking actions simultaneously yet blind from each other to solve a solution.

I think back to the original TV show and one of the things that I absolutely enjoyed, was when they would beam down to a planet for what appeared to be a simple mission only to find out it was not so simple, and in fact there were many underlying issues, deceptions and or moral decisions that would need to be made to ultimately get to the final resolution.

Bridge episodes where 5 player teams each manned a different station on the bridge but requiring actions to be worked together or under the command of a single captian would also provide a challenge. But make them difficult in some cases, being able to walk in and blow away the mission in a matter of minutes while fun is not making me have to think too much.

Again I do not mean this post as a slant in any way as I truly enjoy the game, I am merely offering an opinion for future content considerations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I tend to agree. Right now, the game seems to require very little thought or strategy outside of space combat. Maybe that's normal for an MMO, maybe not. I wouldn't know. What I do know is: right now it's so simple it's losing some of the fun for me. I enjoy the basic elements of the game, but I want thought-provoking, too.