Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarrg View Post
If you haven't noticed, the klingons do horrendous damage in PVP while the feds are forced to go full shield to even stand a chance of surviving 1 swooping run.
Wow...you really are clueless, aren't you. Read the guide and learn.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
if you ask nicely were gonna tell you 'learn to play' in other words, if you assume klinks are 1-shotting feds left right and centre and the balance is hugely in your favor we're gonna tell you 'learn to play' so pick your poison
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
They may be tough to beat, but I have won several times in space at RA
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I just played 5 matches of pvp space and won 1 even when using an organised team and more players. Feds should not lose 7 v 5.

Its the cloak thats the problem. I presume it doesnt have a cooldown and the only method of detection that the feds have is a power that takes far too long to cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Never pvp'd as a Fed, but from the Klingon side I can tell you that Feds win too.

Win some, loose some.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 03:08 PM
PVP in this game is borked. Fed hand to hand almost always outdoes Klingon (seriously? what is with that!) while naff B'rel diddy frigates rip through big Fed cruisers on a regular basis.

Generally, the side that wins has numbers on their side. The last fight I had in space was 2 vs 5, and no amount of co-op on the part of the 2 players would ever sort that.

Sorry guys, as with my earlier post I regret that this game is not what it could be across the board, and won't have the chance to become what it should.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarrg View Post
I just played 5 matches of pvp space and won 1 even when using an organised team and more players. Feds should not lose 7 v 5.

Its the cloak thats the problem. I presume it doesnt have a cooldown and the only method of detection that the feds have is a power that takes far too long to cooldown.
problem is ... a lot of fed players are so used to doing their pve content with predictable AI barely ever causing any real danger to their ships .. that they become complacent when they go out into the battlefields

I have been part of a fed team vs half our number of klinks and they ravaged us as there was no teamwork, everybody was off in different directions, etc. but I have also had the same happen to me (although less often) from the klingon side.

Cloak is on a cooldown, takes away your shields, and takes time to kick in still so cloak is an advantage they have but it creates a vulnerability that you can exploit if you are vigilant enough to see them trying to get away
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a matter of which side is organized. Last night I ran into a very organized group of Feds. We'd de-cloak, nuke one of them, then most of us would die because we were disorganized and they focus fired.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2010, 03:38 PM
The only thing unbalanced about PvP is Klingon cloak abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Fed always wins the capture and hold maps. Play those. I get TONS of kills on those maps with my Klingon, but I never win them.

If you're playing the deathmatch maps, do yourself a favor and go play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Deathmatch is for noobs. Cryptic needs to make more PvP matches that are objective oriented. THEN we'll start seeing some balance.