Lt. Commander
Okay.

Pretend it's an extended weekend and the Developers are doing a 24 hour marathon, playing and analyzing another existing Trek game in search of inspiration for how to improve this one.

What game do you give them?

My vote:

Star Trek: Judgment Rites.

Make the ground game into an evolved version of this and you do a LOT for this game IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
EVE online.

It's not Star Trek, but it's a great example of a massive, single-shard space game. It even has exploration and full 3D movement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
EVE online.

It's not Star Trek, but it's a great example of a massive, single-shard space game.
Is EVE Star Trek, No I did not think so.

Anyway, Elite Force would be great for them to play to see what quality enhancements could be added to ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgment Rites

If I had to pick one: A Final Unity
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Starfleet command II; was a bit buggy but really had the tactical feel of Star Trek down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -avery
That Wikipedia is slightly inaccurate (no surprise). In A Final Unity, you can travel to any destination within the Kridnar Sector Block, including Romulan space.

If you cross into or beyond the Romulan Neutral Zone, you will first get official warnings from Starfleet, you will probably be intercepted by Romulan warbirds, and even if you survive those encounters, you will at some point be decommissioned and placed before a court-martial (game over).

On the other hand, you can simply explore the vast amount of space they included in the game, which doesn't do anything except take up space. Just beware of getting too close to certain objects like pulsars, quasars, and black holes.

Furthermore, the in-game LCARS interface (index and library of all pertinent game information as well as Star Trek background lore) is far more informative than what is currently in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Seeing as this is supposed to be an RPG...LUG Trek or CODA Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
That Wikipedia is slightly inaccurate (no surprise). In A Final Unity, you can travel to any destination within the Kridnar Sector Block, including Romulan space.

If you cross into or beyond the Romulan Neutral Zone, you will first get official warnings from Starfleet, you will probably be intercepted by Romulan warbirds, and even if you survive those encounters, you will at some point be decommissioned and placed before a court-martial (game over).

On the other hand, you can simply explore the vast amount of space they included in the game, which doesn't do anything except take up space. Just beware of getting too close to certain objects like pulsars, quasars, and black holes.
That's true, forgot about that... someone should edit the article, but I figured I'd at least link it so they had a reference.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
The ship customization from Starfleet Command 3 was a pretty interesting feature.

I also second Elite Force. Good games.