Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
They have been, since long before Closed Beta. They made their own in-house shard and all employees were connected to it. [stuff snipped, but yes I knew that...and I agree with that policy of doing things in-house for testing...Now to clarify...]
Not on their own in-house shards, WITH the other plays, on our customer-facing shards dealing with our gripes/concerns/good times and so on. They don't need to announce who they are, or be "marked" in some way, they just need to be there in the crowd with the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaris View Post
Is EVE Star Trek, No I did not think so...
That's sort of why I added the second line, admitting it wasn't Star Trek. Man... some people...

Anyway, the reason I brought up EVE, despite it's dull PVE content, is because it 'feels' like a massive space environment. Their overall zone design should have served as a model to learn from and improve upon. No Star Trek game has captured the same 'space' feel that EVE has.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
...Anyway, the reason I brought up EVE, despite it's dull PVE content, is because it 'feels' like a massive space environment. Their overall zone design should have served as a model to learn from and improve upon. No Star Trek game has captured the same 'space' feel that EVE has.
I hate EvE too, but I understood you completely. This is the ONE thing that EvE capitalizes on...and the one thing that makes STO feel small and over-crowded.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
Not on their own in-house shards, WITH the other plays, on our customer-facing shards dealing with our gripes/concerns/good times and so on. They don't need to announce who they are, or be "marked" in some way, they just need to be there in the crowd with the rest of us.
Aha, I see. They already do this, too. There have also been some forum posts by players stating they interacted and chatted with DEVs in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
hmm Starfleet Command I & II ... epic storys, variety of factions to choose from.... cool crazy maps.. cool ships.. deadly black holes :O
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Bridge Commander without a doubt.

I would have said the Starfleet command games too, but then space combat is similar here in some respects.
Lt. Commander
# 27 ST Bridge Commander
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
ST Bridge Commander
This game can show the Devs that they need to:
1. Make a smooth transition between the bridge and the tactical view.
2. Implement a way to have sector space on the bridge and also, fight some space battles on the bridge.
3. Add a top and bottom shield.
4. Have a full range of 3-D motion.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Aha, I see. They already do this, too. There have also been some forum posts by players stating they interacted and chatted with DEVs in-game.
Good! But "they" as in everybody or "they" as in "a few Devs"? I'm talking everybody. If it truly is everybody, than I think that rocks. I don't believe player posts on forums, not because I think everybody's lying, but because there is a difference between a community manager, a support person, and a Dev, and not everybody truly understands the difference. But nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Klingon Academy.

Yes Cryptic, Klingons can have stories. Its been done before.
This.

A thousand times, this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
Good! But "they" as in everybody or "they" as in "a few Devs"? I'm talking everybody.
Fair enough. Not sure if everyone does, and I personally doubt it. Although I am inclined to believe they all have free copies and subscriptions, so it stands to reason that they all have access to it.

I still stand by my statement about personal attachment, though. The more a designer uses his/her own product, the less the designer sees wrong with it.