Lt. Commander
# 1 Yes, Im a PvP lobbiest....
02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
In the new game survey/poll there was a couple of questions that asks what kind of content development do you want to see. I forget now, but it talks about more diplomacy and dialouge quests, more discovery and exploration content, more PvE or PvP content and some others. Lastly we had an option specifcally for end game territory capture for PvP.

So i thought about it...are they really not going to add more PvE, are they really not going to add more dialouge(less/non-combat) quests, etc? It might not all come in the next patch, but its all coming...its the core premise of the game. The only feature not necessarily implicit in the games description is a detailed diplomacy model in which a player can influence globallly his or his faction's relationship with other factions/sub-factions(though I assume we can have non-binding diplomacy quests).

But I honestly feel that the PvP content is the big content item thats up in the air...that meaningful PvP and the open war/territory capture content is being weighed to see if it gets the axe. Keep in mind the open war/territory capture is new, so its definitly hanging by a string.

So, Im lobbying for people who find PvP important, even if not the most important, to select PvP and end-game territory capture as their poll selection. Because the other items will more than certainly come...PvP and especially the end-game war is looking like its on the chopping block if we cant convince them its desired.

I'd really hate to see the war mean nothing and PvP remain an after thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
I was all for this...until today.

I did several space PvP T5 matches today. T5 PvP is the most jacked up and disappointed system I've seen in a game. It revolves entirely around crowd control, and I mean ENTIRELY. EVERYTHING is either landing and keeping CC on a target, or removing it from yourself and your team mates. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE. It sucks when you are on the receiving end, it is boring when you are on the giving end.

Until they add some sort of variety to PvP tactics, I'm not going to be participating in it at all. This is really disappointing to me, as I was greatly hoping for territory control PvP to exist. At this point, it would be a curse, rather than a blessing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I was all for this...until today.

I did several space PvP T5 matches today. T5 PvP is the most jacked up and disappointed system I've seen in a game. It revolves entirely around crowd control, and I mean ENTIRELY. EVERYTHING is either landing and keeping CC on a target, or removing it from yourself and your team mates. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE. It sucks when you are on the receiving end, it is boring when you are on the giving end.

Until they add some sort of variety to PvP tactics, I'm not going to be participating in it at all. This is really disappointing to me, as I was greatly hoping for territory control PvP to exist. At this point, it would be a curse, rather than a blessing.
Well Territory Control doesnt exclude the tweaking of PvP. Im hoping the glaring issues within PvP wont be ignored because they gives us systems to capture. PvP tweaking is an ongoing process, if it exists in game it'll always need to be worked on.

So please dont give up on PvP, continue to contribute to and for its improvement. Lobbying for PvP doesnt mean accepting it in its current state and just hoping for more of the same.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 01:05 AM
i took the survey and found out the thing i like most about STO is pvp.

it is also the thing i like least about STO.

funny, how that works....