Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Cryptic listened to some things to a point; we wanted ship interiors, and/but got non functional bridges as an example. But beta testing was too short, only some changes were made, and things like skill cap were put in last minute and difficulty changed near the end etc. Many of those last minute changes were not popular, and were not given much time to be tested.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYXTRIBE
And if you were a Beta tester and did such a great job testing why are some of you complaining so much?
We are in desperate need of that face palm emote on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes I was in Beta and yes I reported everything I could.

No I don't feel like any of my efforts were listened to.

And 42 is a reference to Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

What is the answer to life the universe and everything - 42
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -avery
And did Cryptic listen to you during the testing?

And does Cryptic really care about your input?

These are the real questions.

-avery
good question...small stuff, ya....big stuff, some
Core problems - nope
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
The answer to all your questions is .....

That's funny. You just have to know how to ask the question!

I'm still looking for Eroticon 6 myself!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -avery
And did Cryptic listen to you during the testing?

And does Cryptic really care about your input?

These are the real questions.

-avery
Yes things were fixed rather quickly as they popped up. If you had a problem one day, and made a report, you probably saw that problem dissapear in a matter of days.

However many problems remain.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 04:14 PM
I just hate when people hate on the game so much on the forums! I love this game at the core 2. We will see improvements here and there. I just dont understand how everyone expects instant fixes to everything now now. The game is what it is. Its better than nothing. Yes maybe they could have waited a few weeks to release it. If it did not have the name Star trek on it they would have waited. If you hate the game so much. Tell Cryptic about it. Its too soon to bag this game. If you dont want to play then just go away. I think there is enough good things about the game to stick around to see if its more playable!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYXTRIBE
I see everyone complaining about everything in this game. If there were really 17000 Beta testers then why is this game so bad?

And if you were a Beta tester and did such a great job testing why are some of you complaining so much?

And did Crytic listen to you during the testing?

And why is it if you try to run anywhere in the game all you do is run into stuff that stops you? Which is my biggest complaint about the controls!!!

Whats the point in running at all?

These are general questions. They do not apply to everyone. Im not attacking the Beta testers specifiacally. Im just wondering why they did such a bad job on some things?

Thanks for any answers!
It's not a matter of whether they listened or not, it's matter of how much they could change based on time and money constraints.

During OB, not only was there little time to change things, but there were constraints with pushing out patches causing people to lose play time (and burdening their partners).

During CB, there was only time to put out fires.

A much longer CB period would have been needed to make significant changes. The major issues are due to too little time before CB. The minor issues are due to too little time in CB.

And, of course, it's really hard to make major changes now because, among other reasons, a character wipe is out of the question. Plus, no matter what you do, at least a vocal minority will hate it.

It appears that we not have irrefutable evidence that two years is not enough time to make an MMO. (Of course, longer is not always better either. Longer means that more of the game will be obsolete at release unless you keep doing things over.)
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Beta tester here, and not complaining about the game or it's current state. Most of the bugs reported in beta by me were fixed IN beta. Many of the requests in beta were at least acknowledged, if not actually implemented And some of them were acknowledged AND are being implemented, like IKF PvE content and the end game content.

Oh, and 42 is the Answer, one needs only the Question to understand it...

what is 9x6?

Now, doesn't that make everything seem to make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Honestly I just thought they'd pump out content a bit faster than they are instead of leaving me with nothing but a daily to do.

And most Beta Testers said the game wasn't ready anyways. However they had a deadline...