Originally Posted by gungin_garbonzo
too long, did not read
See? She agrees with me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
as a matter of fact re-read my post and you'll see how agitated I am by all of this nonsense
Reading your post once was enough.

Respectfully,
-Vox
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
As a citizen of this country, which I believe in and which I have seen Cryptic/Atari tear apart, I must extricate as many people as possible from Cryptic/Atari's grip. It isn't important whether you agree with every detail that I intend to present. What matters is that you begin to realize that we cannot afford to waste our time, resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must seek liberty, equality, and fraternity. Doing so would be significantly easier if more people were to understand that Cryptic/Atari has certainly never given evidence of thinking extensively. Or at all, for that matter. It's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of unsophisticated, beastly soi-disant do-gooders like Cryptic/Atari can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. Cryptic/Atari claims to have read somewhere that it is entitled to suck up to prissy misfits. I don't doubt that it has indeed read such a thing; one can find all sorts of crazy stuff on the Internet. More reliable sources, however, tend to agree that if Cryptic/Atari's blackshirts had even an ounce of integrity they would reveal some shocking facts about Cryptic/Atari's contrivances.

In purely political terms, if Cryptic/Atari can give us all a succinct and infallible argument proving that the average working-class person can't see through its chicanery, I will personally deliver its Nobel Prize for Merciless Rhetoric. In the meantime, Cryptic/Atari claims that it can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. Predictably, it cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. I don't care what others say about Cryptic/Atari. It's still out-of-touch, featherbrained, and it intends to excoriate attempts to bring questions of nonrepresentationalism into the (essentially apolitical) realm of pedagogy in language and writing.

Look, a great many of us don't want Cryptic/Atari to introduce changes without testing them first. Still, we feel a prodigious societal pressure to smile, to be nice, and not to object to its disreputable, indecent animadversions. Cryptic/Atari has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and reward mediocrity—all by trumping up a phony emergency.

I have absolutely no idea why Cryptic/Atari makes such a big fuss over antidisestablishmentarianism. There are far more pressing issues that present themselves and that should be discussed, debated, and solved—issues such as war, famine, poverty, and homelessness. There is also the lesser issue that some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Cryptic/Atari is secretly scheming to bamboozle people into believing that people prefer "cultural integrity" and "multicultural sensitivity" to health, food, safety, and the opportunity to choose their own course through life. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that a critical reevaluation of some of its precepts would truly be beneficial. Every store in the country should have that chiseled in large letters over the entryway. Maybe then people would grasp that Cryptic/Atari has not increased our safety, security, or happiness by breaking down our communities. All it's increased by doing that is the girth of its bloated ego.

We must reach out to people with the message that Cryptic/Atari's subordinates must be exposed and neutralized wherever they lurk. We must alert people of that. We must educate them. We must inspire them. And we must encourage them to explain a few facets of this confusing world around us while remaining true to those beliefs, ideals, and aspirations we hold most dear. What I had wanted for this letter was to write an analysis of Cryptic/Atari's belief systems. Not an exhortation or a shrill denunciation, but an analysis. I hope I have succeeded at that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
I mean honestly after the game being out not even a month I am pretty fed up myself. This is how I feel about it.

While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that STO engages in pietistic babble that nauseates even some of my more religious friends. Let's get down to brass tacks: There is something grievously wrong with those militant ****ants who defy the law of the land. Shame on the lot of them! In general, I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But STO's bromides have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together -- life! STO wants all of us to believe that everything it says is entirely and absolutely true. That's why it sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media.

If STO is going to talk about higher standards, then it needs to live by those higher standards. I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like STO take us over the edge of the abyss of nonrepresentationalism. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. STO is bad enough when it's alone, but it is even worse when it's joined by dirty nutters. Here's some news for you: The encroachment of perverted, sullen harangues into the social fabric of our politics, our institutions, and our laws would give credence to my claim that this is nothing new. Interesting, isn't it? What you may find even more interesting is that the pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to stop this insanity?

I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that STO is up to, the more shocking things, things like how it wants to fuel inquisitions. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but it has the nerve to call those of us who summon up the courage to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths "conspiracy theorists". No, we're "conspiracy revealers" because we reveal that STO does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when it says that it's okay if its activities initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Much of STO's behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the anti-democratic batty-types whom STO claims to be trying to help. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that STO stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of wily warped-types like it can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. Be always mindful that I do not have the time, in one sitting, to go into the long answer as to why as long as I live and breathe, I will strive to purge the darkness from STO's heart. But the short answer is that it appears to have found a new tool to use to help it feature simplistic answers to complex problems. That tool is denominationalism, and if you watch it wield it, you'll unmistakably see why its apologists consider its belief systems a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of alarmism. Perhaps STO has never had to take a stand and fight for something as critical as our right to call for proper disciplinary action against it and its legates. But its occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are STO's promises. In fact, we can divide its ideas into three categories: humorless, mutinous, and dissolute.

In hearing about STO's principles, one gets the distinct impression that STO and its buddies are yellow-bellied dips. This is not set down in complaint against them, but merely as analysis. I've heard STO say that it is a model organization. Was that just a slip of the lip or is STO secretly trying to introduce changes without testing them first? Apparently, even know-it-all STO doesn't know the answer to that one. It wouldn't matter much if it did, given that it has been said that its subordinates get so hypnotized by its simplistic "good guys and bad guys" approach to history that they do not hear what STO is really saying. I believe that to be true. I also believe that if you are not smart enough to realize this, then you become the victim of your own ignorance.

Now, I'm going to be honest here. If the only way to delegitimize STO is for me to choke to death, then so be it. It would certainly be worth it because it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did its reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Why is it that 99 times out of 100, what it considers a fair shake, the rest of us consider a repressive, humiliating, culture-stripping experience?" First, I'll give you a very brief answer and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, it makes assertions that strain credulity. I'll probably devote a separate letter to that topic alone, but for now, I'll simply summarize by stating that I'm not very conversant with STO's background. To be quite frank, I don't care to be. I already know enough to state with confidence that the gloss that STO's allies put on STO's opinions unfortunately does little to arraign it at the tribunal of public opinion. STO's compeers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with STO, and meeting some other twisted politicos is merely a social event. They're not even aware that if STO continues to alter, rewrite, or ignore past events to make them consistent with its current "reality", I will decidedly be obliged to do something about it. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations. I have a message for STO. My message is that, for the good of us all, it should never create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind. It should never even try to do such a resentful thing. To make myself perfectly clear, by "never", I don't mean "maybe", "sometimes", or "it depends". I mean only that I recently informed STO that its vicegerents scorn and abjure reason. STO said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, if it wants to complain, it should have an argument. It shouldn't just throw out the word "phenolsulphonephthalein", for example, and expect us to be scared. Thus, in summing up, we can establish the following: 1) STO makes it its job to insult my intelligence, and 2) its assertion that its mistakes are always someone else's fault serves only to illustrate its ignorance and poorly hidden bigotry.
I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but this post is just.........WHAT?

WHAT THE HOLY ****** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

I have a weird feeling this person took some sort of article off the web pertaining to something else, and stuck STO randomly into it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
I am always very srs please re-read it until you have a sufficient grasp as to what I am referring to.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but this post is just.........WHAT?

WHAT THE HOLY ****** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

I have a weird feeling this person took some sort of article off the web pertaining to something else, and stuck STO randomly into it.
http://www.pakin.org/complaint/
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiv
I need to tell you a little about how Cryptic Forum Whiners doesn't perceive that anything is wrong with it. And so I shall. Instead of focusing on why the theoretical fallacies in Cryptic Forum Whiners's effusions run deep, I would like to remind people that Cryptic Forum Whiners tries to make us think the way it wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us, but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons. Simply put, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: If you read Cryptic Forum Whiners's writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that Cryptic Forum Whiners is a master of precognition, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other undeveloped human capabilities. But if you read its writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that it ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: It got a little carried away with its imperious scare tactics.

Fact: Faddism revolves in a fixed orbit around all of its untoward, noxious tractates.

Fact: It demonstrates a terrible, inaccurate, even shallow, misuse of history with its lewd, incoherent mottos.

In addition, its claim that it is able to abrogate the natural order of effects flowing from causes is factually unsupported and politically motivated.

Cryptic Forum Whiners's claim that it is a perpetual victim of injustice requires a willing suspension of disbelief, an ability to set logic aside and accept any preposterous notion that Cryptic Forum Whiners throws at us. This raises the question: What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma is Cryptic Forum Whiners going through now? This is not a question that we should run away from. Rather, it is something that needs to be addressed quickly and directly because Cryptic Forum Whiners has never gotten ahead because of its hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of Cryptic Forum Whiners's successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue. According to the laws of probability, Cryptic Forum Whiners's mind has limited horizons. It is confined to the immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal and basic and is then leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life.

Be forewarned: I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to encourage open, civic engagement. Of course, its supporters don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat sanctimonious.

Cryptic Forum Whiners's memoirs are part and parcel of a larger game plan to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the news and the entertainment that gets presented to us, but that's a story for another time. For now, I want to focus on the way that I oppose its manuscripts because they are simple-minded. I oppose them because they are diabolic. And I oppose them because they will bring widespread death and degradation to millions of human beings across the face of the Earth faster than you can say "indistinguishability".

Cryptic Forum Whiners can fool some of the people all of the time. It can fool all of the people some of the time. But it can't fool all of the people all of the time. Cryptic Forum Whiners has commented that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense. Cryptic Forum Whiners says that everyone and everything discriminates against it—including the writing on the bathroom stalls. Although Cryptic Forum Whiners unmistakably cut that statement out of whole cloth, it says that it wants to make life better for everyone. Lacking a coherent ideology, however, it always ends up forcing me to hide in a closet. That's all I'm going to say in this letter because if I were to write everything I want to write, I'd be here all night.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I approve of your avatar

meowwww
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
it is much simpler than that.

The game style and structure is a bad match for the IP.
It happens all the time.

Check betawatcher, they got a list of every MMO ever made..anything, everything
some go gold...some die in the office and everything in between.

It happens

you can get separate list of MMOs that are gone. The makers had high hopes,
worked thier tails off, had rabbid fans, ect.

they are still gone, either something went very wrong or they had a fatal flaw.

Will STO survive ?, I don't know.
Will STO beat wow ?, highly unlikely

is STO's style and structure a fatal flaw? only time will tell, but given
the general reviews it has received, reporters in the gamer industry seem to think so.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I need to tell you a little about how Cryptic Forum Whiners doesn't perceive that anything is wrong with it. And so I shall. Instead of focusing on why the theoretical fallacies in Cryptic Forum Whiners's effusions run deep, I would like to remind people that Cryptic Forum Whiners tries to make us think the way it wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us, but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons. Simply put, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: If you read Cryptic Forum Whiners's writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that Cryptic Forum Whiners is a master of precognition, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other undeveloped human capabilities. But if you read its writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that it ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: It got a little carried away with its imperious scare tactics.

Fact: Faddism revolves in a fixed orbit around all of its untoward, noxious tractates.

Fact: It demonstrates a terrible, inaccurate, even shallow, misuse of history with its lewd, incoherent mottos.

In addition, its claim that it is able to abrogate the natural order of effects flowing from causes is factually unsupported and politically motivated.

Cryptic Forum Whiners's claim that it is a perpetual victim of injustice requires a willing suspension of disbelief, an ability to set logic aside and accept any preposterous notion that Cryptic Forum Whiners throws at us. This raises the question: What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma is Cryptic Forum Whiners going through now? This is not a question that we should run away from. Rather, it is something that needs to be addressed quickly and directly because Cryptic Forum Whiners has never gotten ahead because of its hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of Cryptic Forum Whiners's successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue. According to the laws of probability, Cryptic Forum Whiners's mind has limited horizons. It is confined to the immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal and basic and is then leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life.

Be forewarned: I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to encourage open, civic engagement. Of course, its supporters don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat sanctimonious.

Cryptic Forum Whiners's memoirs are part and parcel of a larger game plan to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the news and the entertainment that gets presented to us, but that's a story for another time. For now, I want to focus on the way that I oppose its manuscripts because they are simple-minded. I oppose them because they are diabolic. And I oppose them because they will bring widespread death and degradation to millions of human beings across the face of the Earth faster than you can say "indistinguishability".

Cryptic Forum Whiners can fool some of the people all of the time. It can fool all of the people some of the time. But it can't fool all of the people all of the time. Cryptic Forum Whiners has commented that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense. Cryptic Forum Whiners says that everyone and everything discriminates against it—including the writing on the bathroom stalls. Although Cryptic Forum Whiners unmistakably cut that statement out of whole cloth, it says that it wants to make life better for everyone. Lacking a coherent ideology, however, it always ends up forcing me to hide in a closet. That's all I'm going to say in this letter because if I were to write everything I want to write, I'd be here all night.
Is there an ignore button for the forum?