Lt. Commander
# 51
02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I made mine manually. That's probably kind of sad.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
The worst part of this thread is that I've had to read so much pretentious, postmodernist babble in my academic career that the randomly-generated rants didn't flag in my brain as 'computer-generated randomness'.

People actually speak and write like that. In seriousness. If you still have faith in humanity, you're made of sterner stuff than I.

That said, nothing I disagree with in detail in the OP.
Eh.. that stuff has been going on for quite some time. They have nothing to retort, since I wasnt stating issues with how the game is designed, but the fundamentals of quality coming from progressive content being added. No one can retort it. It is what it is. I think the title fits. If they dont change how they approach and render new content, and keep up what has been considered a reputation for patches, then they are going to harm the game's future more than anything.

I just want them to be humble, which requires lowering their pride, and realize that they are hurting the game. The notice of the test server and whatnot for thursday is good. I appreciate that. Hopefully we the players can help them get content working before it hits live. No one likes opening a gift to find it is all shattered. The giver should feel embarassed and the reciever should feel effort was trivialized.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Random rant generators are pretty obvious and quite full of fail.