Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Dueling?!!!
If they had it in closed beta that means alot of coding is already in place for it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
Hell, why stop at a BO death? The option to enable ship loss even, with the entire compliment of consoles/cargo dropped upon defeat. High risk for high reward.

They had it? Why the hell did they take it out?!
No idea i'm afraid I was only in Open.......
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
What I would like to see is:

-Consentual PVP toggle on players, which enables open PVP against them in Sector Space or in any system they are currently in (even while on missions). The loser gets booted from their system/mission, and the winner should get some credit and Merit/Honor reward, perhaps some skill points too.

-Duels that can be observed by others but not interfered in (e.g., no abilities at all by others, such as Abandon Ship, or healing); easiest solution in my opinion is the creation of 1v1 maps with Observer mode (flag) for non-participants. No rewards for this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
What I would like to see is:

-consentual PVP toggle on players, which enables open PVP against them in Sector Space or in any system they are currently in (even while on missions)

-duels that can be observed by others but not interfered in (e.g., no abilities at all by others, such as Abandon Ship, or healing); easiest solution in my opinion is the creation of 1v1 maps with Observer mode (flag) for non-participants

The loser gets booted from their system/mission, and the winner should get some credit and Merit/Honor reward, perhaps some skill points too.
What do you think about the ability to set an agreed Risk for these encounters?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
I've thought a lot about this too (1-on-1 PvP).

In fact, tonight, there was only 1 Kling in one of the PvP queue's, so I hurried and jumped on that one, looking forward to a 1 on 1 duel at last!

Of course, I never got in!

Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Personally I don't think players will go for it.......my opinion though is full on space yarring is a hoot.

I like danger and along with a DP being able to look wrecks or corpses would be awesome....even if it was only one random item in the players inventory/paperdoll
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Personally I don't think players will go for it.......my opinion though is full on space yarring is a hoot.

I like danger and along with a DP being able to look wrecks or corpses would be awesome....even if it was only one random item in the players inventory/paperdoll
Players could choose to play the Duel with no Risk if both parties agree.
Its like handing the descisions to the players......
No risk?
Lots of risk?
The choice is yours...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
This sounds like both duelling combatants setting an ante and adding to the pot before engaging.

Which sounds good in theory, but I can easily see potential for abuse unless there were strict constraints on what could be offered. For example, no vendor equipment, no bound equipment, no officers. Any number of credits should be fine.

But no Honor/Merit or skill points should be conferred for duels. Otherwise it would be way too easy to abuse for power leveling.