Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm just wondering, after reaching Tier 4 a while back as a KDF player: Why are the Cardassians and Dominion working together again? The end of the Dominion War saw the Jem'Hadar bombarding and massacring the Cardassian populace, insurgent Cardassians, and the Cardassian fleet finally throwing its lot to the alliance in the Battle of Cardassia.

The Dominion and Cardassians lost a ridiculous amount of forces to each other when they were finally made enemies in the very end.

And yet in STO, the Dominion and Cardassians are flying about together as one big, happy fleet, as if the end of the Dominion War never happened?

Did I miss something in the Star Trek continuity? If there's one thing that persists throughout the Star Trek movies and TV series, is that the major powers remember old "wrongs," hold grudges, and there is mistrust.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
The good Cardassian's are sided with the Federation. (That's the Detapa Council, the democratic government of cardassia). The bad cardassian's, the True way, are a dissenter group that sides with the Dominion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
if you read the mission text you'll know that it's a rogue "splinter group" of cardassians called the True Way that have allied themselves with the Jem'hadar and not the entire Cardassian empire.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Cardassian militarists are attempting to restore Central Command and remove the De Tapa Council and democracy.
They have formed an alliance with renegade Jem Hedar who have split from the Dominion under the leadership of a Alpha Quadrant bred Jem Hedar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
That's the True Way Cardassians which are an extremist group. Cardassia's government is still very anti-Dominion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Its only the True Way Cardassian fanatics that want to see a return to the old Cardassia. The Cardies you fight are not actually a part of the cardassian government.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-24-2010, 06:07 PM
It's because the devs didnt get the bit about how the "True Ways" motive in DS9 was to be a pure cardassia, Cardassia for Cardassians and the rise of the military government again.

the other thing they dont get is that the Jem'Hadar don't rebel against the founders, only the Vorta. And they would never NEVER be stupid enough to ally with cardassians after what happened in the end of DS9 when they were betrayed for a second time by the cardies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
The good Cardassian's are sided with the Federation. (That's the Detapa Council, the democratic government of cardassia). The bad cardassian's, the True way, are a dissenter group that sides with the Dominion.
Actually, you have it backwards. The bad cardassians, the ones with no regard for tradition or the self reliance of the cardassian people, are now now aspiring vassals of the undine corrupted Federation. The good cardassians, those that still honor and embrace the strength of cardassian people and their traditions, are aligned with the true government, the Cardassian Military high command which is known to the Federation as the True Way.

(though honestly the point about the jem'hadar is a good one, no cardassian regardless of affiliation should be wanting anything to do with them)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
It's because the devs didnt get the bit about how the "True Ways" motive in DS9 was to be a pure cardassia, Cardassia for Cardassians and the rise of the military government again.
Which is exactly what the True Way in STO wants.
Maybe you should read mission texts more closely.

Quote:
the other thing they dont get is that the Jem'Hadar don't rebel against the founders, only the Vorta. And they would never NEVER be stupid enough to ally with cardassians after what happened in the end of DS9 when they were betrayed for a second time by the cardies.
Do "The New Link".
They are acting on a founder's orders. Laas' orders specifically. Laas has rounded up some changelings in the AQ and created a new Link. Naturally, these changelings were afraid of getting attacked and killed by just about every species of the AQ, so they allied with the True Way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Which is exactly what the True Way in STO wants.
Maybe you should read mission texts more closely.
I haven't done their missions yet, i''m going purely off their MO in DS9 here. And the True Way were Xenophobic, pure Xenophobic, they wouldn't ally themselves with any alien race, ESPECIALLY the conquerors of the old military government!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Do "The New Link".
They are acting on a founder's orders. Laas' orders specifically. Laas has rounded up some changelings in the AQ and created a new Link. Naturally, these changelings were afraid of getting attacked and killed by just about every species of the AQ, so they allied with the True Way.
That doesnt make sense, Laas chose to "avoid humanoids", as shown in the DS9 episode, he wanted to round up the 100 and find somewhere isolated to live, he didn't understand why the dominion felt it necessary to control worlds when they could just go away.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.