Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
Currently, I play a Cardassian... but I have no means in game to make my character look any different from other Cardassian players...the reasons below explain why:

There is no neck width slider, the Cardassian NPCs you fight in T4 have the typical wide Cardassian neck...we cannot properly do this in game with the neck bulk slider, which makes your neck thicker and only slightly wider, therefore making your character look weird from the side.

The neck scales are in complexion...which means I cant age my character or choose between heroic and standard face types...this is one of the biggest issues Cardassians have.

I think one thing that bugs me a lot is that everyones face looks the same it seems...no matter what I do its still the same face....the sliders can only do so much...I also dont think we have a cheek slider.

I see several NPCs in game with facial animations, such as unhappy/sad/angry expressions...but only on NPCs and I find it strange they wont let us use those animations...one thing I hate in MMOs is when NPCs look cooler than the players themselves, this was very noticable in ***.

Oh and more hairstyles are welcome of course.

Please take these suggestions Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 07:32 AM
The biggest problem with the character creator in the game is that the eyes generally look all the same which makes all the faces look the same even NPCs.

I'm all for additional options for Cardassians.. however I'd like this to be implements with Cardassians being made as a preset race. Starfleet DOES have an alliance with the Detapa Council after all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 07:45 AM
You know, this is the only character creator from Cryptic which I haven't liked. It's soooo limited compared to CoX and Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
You know, this is the only character creator from Cryptic which I haven't liked. It's soooo limited compared to CoX and Champions.
I have to agree. I've mentioned it in other places.. but half of the forehead pieces belong to races in the Delta Quadrant.. I don't even understand that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
either limited or just incomplete....I hope they add a whole lot more to it...cause its kind of dissapointing now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I agree with the OP here. I made a great Cardassian in Beta, so I know it's possible. More hairstyles would be a great addition as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSilverleaf
I agree with the OP here. I made a great Cardassian in Beta, so I know it's possible. More hairstyles would be a great addition as well.
Aye, if you compare the Cardassian NPCs you fight in T4 to the ones you can make in the creator there is a very noticable difference in the neck. Personally, I think the neck scales option should automatically make you neck very wide and should not take up the complexion slot...because it limmits us from what we can do with aging and further face customization.