Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
We don't need them. They are a detriment to critical thinking. They are the bane of strategic ground engagement. They are a crutch. They are the reason that so many reviewers claim that ground combat is dull. They are the reason that so many players complain that this game is too easy.

Let the enemy have their shields.

We can beat them without shields.

Throw away your shields people.

This game is a whole lot better without them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Spoken like a true red shirt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-25-2010, 12:56 AM
... and all that would happen is people would stack science officers in the away team so they could get chain healed and still find the game easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-25-2010, 12:59 AM
And what about PvP ? All those skills that enhance shields will be useless...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterrook
We don't need them. They are a detriment to critical thinking. They are the bane of strategic ground engagement. They are a crutch. They are the reason that so many reviewers claim that ground combat is dull. They are the reason that so many players complain that this game is too easy.

Let the enemy have their shields.

We can beat them without shields.

Throw away your shields people.

This game is a whole lot better without them.

First, don't ever assume to speak for me or the community as a whole again. 'Cause there are some within your "we" that disagree with you.
Second, just a few minutes ago I came across a thread that indicates ground combat on level 40 and above has been made a little more difficult. Thus your "recommendation" can only be used by those who are really good at this game and find the idea thrilling - the "average" or a little less-than-average player might get overwhelmed without shields.
Third, there are those of us who don't want to unneccessarily double both the required effort and the required time for a ground mission, as some of us occasionally have more things to do than just playing STO.


You know, though your little idea is still definitely worth using by everyone who is interested, I'm starting to get annoyed by you.

For those who don't know why, I recommend checking this guys thread history. He has been creating at least 5 threads on this topic within the past 3 days.

You've made your point clear. Some others agree, some don't. If I see another new thread by you on this, I'll report you for spamming. Being enthusiastic is one thing, but you're overdoing it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterrook
We don't need them. They are a detriment to critical thinking. They are the bane of strategic ground engagement. They are a crutch. They are the reason that so many reviewers claim that ground combat is dull. They are the reason that so many players complain that this game is too easy.

Let the enemy have their shields.

We can beat them without shields.

Throw away your shields people.

This game is a whole lot better without them.
You remind me of the feminists in the 60's that burned their bras in public.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
You remind me of the feminists in the 60's that burned their bras in public.
You won the thread
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
You remind me of the feminists in the 60's that burned their bras in public.
To note, this incident was a lot less interesting then indicated.

...that said, I both lol'd and I agree. o.q Well played, sir.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Why do we have shields?
Because impersonal shields are just so blaise!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctusmorti
You won the thread
Agreed.


Dammit, /10chars :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 PM.