Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
I am so happy I found this thread, I was clueless also.

Thanks everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2010, 09:18 AM
It's also worth noting that Expose attacks all seem to have a 10% chance of actually exposing. The only way I've seen to increase this is with the "Lucky" or "Telepathic" ground traits. "Telepathic" and "Limited Telepathy" also increase the duration of exposes slightly, making all three nice traits for BOs.
Ensign
# 13 Expose attacks
05-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Hello, I've recently achieved rank captain and while in a mission i accidentally got rid of my (1) expose attack (the one where you press *1 to fire) and is no longer allowing me to complete missions because i have to wait 6 seconds for my secondary expose attack to reload which means i can't fire at the enemy causing me to constantly die.

so i was wondering if there is anyway i can get it back? if you can just reply to this and help me out that would be great.

thank you

Last edited by rapiidz117; 05-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Ensign
# 14
05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
If you are saying that you accidentally removed the skill from the bar at the bottom of the screen, all you have to do to get it back is press the "P" key on your keyboard to display a list of available skills. Your missing skill will be in the list and you can drag it back to the bar in the #1 position.
Ensign
# 15
03-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Okay, noobie-est question ever.

Can someone tell me HOW you do the exploit/expose attacks? All I know is to click on targets to attack. I really can't seem to find control instructions anywhere.
Captain
# 16
03-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technogray View Post
Okay, noobie-est question ever.

Can someone tell me HOW you do the exploit/expose attacks? All I know is to click on targets to attack. I really can't seem to find control instructions anywhere.
Weapons with expose attacks are things like dual pistols and auto rifles. It is the secondary firing mode that will expose and exploit most often. So, use the secondary attack on a set of dual pistols or auto rifle and then change weapons to something like a split beam or sniper rifle. If the target is exposed the secondary firing mode on the weapon with the exploit attack will flash. Use the expose attack and they will usually vaporize.
Why not check my yputube channel for more ground help.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Career Officer
# 17
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
This thread will probably be targeted for necro-termination, but:

Expose is a random chance that increases on use of attacks with the Expose quality. A weapon will list whether its special setting is Expose or Exploit on the weapon tooltip.

To make the most of Exposes and Exploits, I recommend a combination of a Pulsewave Assault weapon (for Expose) and a Compression Pistol (for Exploit). Pulsewave Assault is like an energy shotgun: shorter range, but a good-sized cone, inherent knockback, and a good chance of exposing targets. The Compression Pistol is a fast-firing weapon that you can switch to and attack with before the Expose window closes. As you get better with various weapons, you may find other weapons suit your personal style better.

Another very good weapon is the Dyson Experimental Proton Rifle. This weapon has both Expose AND Exploit modes: its wide shot setting is an Expose attack, and when you target an Exposed enemy, the weapon goes into sniper mode, dealing Exploit damage. This is a great weapon to equip your away team with, and a good main weapon for any captain.
Ensign
# 18
03-31-2014, 04:08 PM
I know what the attacks do, but what is the secondary fire button?
Captain
# 19
03-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technogray View Post
I know what the attacks do, but what is the secondary fire button?
The secondary fire should be number 2 by default.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039