Lt. Commander
# 1 Subscription Question
02-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey guys,

I've got a few friends I'm getting into the game, however when purchasing the game and installing it (Comes with 30days free) it says account error, please contact billing after they've installed and registered. It does come up afterwards from activating the key to add a subscription, but I recommended not adding a subscription as they may not like it (most are wow players)

Do you need to add a subscription? like most other mmo's in order to activate that 30days free?

Or will it start to charge the subscription as soon as you activate it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 04:10 AM
at a guess make an account ( use activation code)first then add the subscription/time card( no time included with the activation code)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I believe before you can use the thirty free days you need to give details on what subscription you will pay for after the 30 days run out. So all you need to do is give your details, get in the game them go back into your account settings and change back to no subscription, if you want to that is. they may like it!

It was like this for cyrptics previous game, Champions online
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks guys Yeah I wasn't too sure because after the beta I just went straight for the lifetime subscription so I didn't need to worry about activating a subscription. Appreciate the feedback ^^ Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseSandwich View Post
I
It was like this for cyrptics previous game, Champions online
It's like this for pretty much all MMO's in general. Once you enter the billing information, you will not be charged until the subscription due date. And as has been stated on here by Cryptic, they have no problem with you entering the payment information, activating the 30 days, and then turn right around and cancel or removing the payment information. (However, be careful on actually cancelling. I think you're given two options. One will continue your account through the 30 day free period, the other will wipe out your remaining time.)