Lt. Commander
# 1 Starfleet General Orders (STO)
02-25-2010, 05:57 AM
I thought it might be amusing to see what Starfleet's General Orders might look like in the STO universe as compared to the modern US Navy. Here's what I came up with...

12 General Orders to the Starfleet Captain
  1. No starship may interfere with the normal development of any alien life or society容xcept to destroy it.
  2. To confiscate all goods found anywhere at any time, including (but not limited to) hyposprays, tribbles, disruptors, bat値eths, and banana splits.
  3. To patrol every sector of space, even those belonging to sovereign foreign powers and destroy any ships found therein.
  4. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce, unless they come from an Undine, at which point I am to proceed with my next mission as though nothing has happened.
  5. To forward any STO CREDITS emails to the nearest Ferengi.
  6. To wait until Red Alert has cleared before beaming back to the ship, unless in action with allies.
  7. To propagate all rumors of death penalties, respecs, crystalline entity changes, and bugged missions in Zone chat as often as possible.
  8. To select no NPC chat option that is not green.
  9. To stand in the plasma fire for as much damage as possible or to order my bridge officers to do so.
  10. To Hail Starfleet in any case not covered by instructions.
  11. To attend the optional promotion ceremony so that I may be saluted by the people who live in the ceremony room.
  12. On the approach of any enemy, when communications have not been established, to attack from stealth and to always make sure the first shot is a flank.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaelen
I thought it might be amusing to see what Starfleet's General Orders might look like in the STO universe as compared to the modern US Navy. Here's what I came up with...

1. No starship may interfere with the normal development of any alien life or society容xcept to destroy it.
  2. To confiscate all goods found anywhere at any time, including (but not limited to) hyposprays, tribbles, disruptors, bat値eths, and banana splits.
  3. To patrol every sector of space, even those belonging to sovereign foreign powers and destroy any ships found therein.
  4. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce, unless they come from an Undine, at which point I am to proceed with my next mission as though nothing has happened.
  6. To wait until Red Alert has cleared before beaming back to the ship, unless in action with allies.
  7. To propagate all rumors of death penalties, respecs, crystalline entity changes, and bugged missions in Zone chat as often as possible.
  9. To stand in the plasma fire for as much damage as possible or to order my bridge officers to do so.
  11. To attend the optional promotion ceremony so that I may be saluted by the people who live in the ceremony room.
  12. On the approach of any enemy, when communications have not been established, to attack from stealth and to always make sure the first shot is a flank.
9/10

Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm SaintHazard, and I approved this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 07:48 AM
It's Star Trek meets the Shield.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:

QFT /10car
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
To attend the optional promotion ceremony so that I may be saluted by the people who live in the ceremony room.
This is most definately my favourite, your list of GOs is approved by me Sir.