Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
What exactly would be considered a FoTM in STO?

I don't believe that there is enough variation to really have one.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I don't believe that there is enough variation to really have one.
Oh, I think there's more than enough variation available to have flavor of the month builds (I mean, considering that each character has a captain class, captain skills and traits, ship class, officers with a wide variety of available skills, and varying equipment on both ground and the ship), but honestly, I really think they've done a decent job at providing counters to most (note: NOT ALL) abilities. Sure it's not perfect, and never will be (there will always be people dissatisfied with things), but they've provided enough variety of effective play methods that flavor of the month builds aren't really needed for success.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
ok so maybe in the first post i was not clear enough...the klingon are playing even in GODE MODE as in cheater mode during some offline single player FPS.
i played 1 vs 1 against a klingon and i could not even bring down his shield...and he didn't need to use any skill to boost his shields...no it's not exact...i was doing no damage to him...it seemed as if I was some npc during a patrol mission and not a player...and he simply destructed me with a few hits...i have an admiral character and this is my second character, i'm doing defend alpha trianguli mission actually and the npc ships are the stronger i've ever seen...it was not so when i playied with my first character...maybe with the last patches the devs boosted up klingon players and npcs cardassians? many players of my Fleet told me that they never lose when they play as klingon...but they always lose when they play as federals, so the things are 2: or we are all noobs, or maybe the klingons are TOO MUCH overpowered, they need to be NERFED
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincampi View Post
ok so maybe in the first post i was not clear enough...the klingon are playing even in GODE MODE as in cheater mode during some offline single player FPS.
i played 1 vs 1 against a klingon and i could not even bring down his shield...and he didn't need to use any skill to boost his shields...no it's not exact...i was doing no damage to him...it seemed as if I was some npc during a patrol mission and not a player...and he simply destructed me with a few hits...i have an admiral character and this is my second character, i'm doing defend alpha trianguli mission actually and the npc ships are the stronger i've ever seen...it was not so when i playied with my first character...maybe with the last patches the devs boosted up klingon players and npcs cardassians? many players of my Fleet told me that they never lose when they play as klingon...but they always lose when they play as federals, so the things are 2: or we are all noobs, or maybe the klingons are TOO MUCH overpowered, they need to be NERFED
I want the GODE mode. I think its like the god mode of gods.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincampi View Post
Either you are trolling, or you have no idea what you are doing. Even as a science officer on a science **** in tier 3, with low end equipment, I can damage any klingon.

I think you are just trying to troll.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
If Feds "suck" and Klingons are "teh uber" explain these pictures please:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...103kGalaxy.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...-60kGalaxy.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...-75kgalaxy.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...3-55Galaxy.jpg

They are all from Tier 4, where BOPs can fit some *really* powerful Sci abilities, and all are from flying a (useless, underpowered etc etc QQ QQ) Galaxy.

Oh, Im the Fed called Aleenae btw.
Whew. My name was not in the Klingon list..
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
Whew. My name was not in the Klingon list..
You and me both! That would be embarrassing.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
the carriors are over powered i top dps all the time i have alot of birst dps and i just cant tuch them u are just about to lose all your fediration pvpers beacuse you have basickly made klingons invinsible , a carryer that can shoot and have big sheilds as well as launch 15 + fighers and 3 + birds of prey who can nuke us as well as sheild repair drones , with just 1 of them in pvp zone it would be ok but with 2+ it just rips us to peases we cant tuch them with people who know what there doing we can perhaps take them out 2-3 times in a match but in that time we have lost 15 deths how are we spose to combat that with them stunning us cloaking when they get down to 20% ? fix the pvp or risk losssing all federation PVPers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is very littel content for RA 5 atm apart from dailys if we just get our asses handed to us in pvp with out having a chanse do u realy think we will just keep playing the game i dont know whats been going though your heads atm but it needs balansing alot of fediraiton players will agree beacuse its beyond a joke , even klingon player will see it .................................................. ..
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanare View Post
the carriors ... carryer
HAS to be a troll. Misspelled Carrier two different ways in the same sentence.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
You and me both! That would be embarrassing.
Ah.. Its not like the Klingons didnt put up a good fight, nor is it embarrasing to lose games..

No matter how good you are, there is always someone better, and fortunately one learns more from losing games, than beat up newbies.