Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
STOP THE GRIEFING, KEEP THE BRIDGE PVP!
There has been a lot of talk about the griefing starfleet dental did with cross faction bridge pvp. In there a GM said that this is a "bug" and will be "fixed", but for the love of all don't get rid of it! Why? you may ask, heres why:
(note: i'm not saying griefing is fun, its not, I'm saying the consensual bridge PVP is fun for crossfaction fleets.)

- I am in a fleet and when we want to do a fleet pvp that includes EVERYONE of all levels and factions its the only thing we can do! if we try to make a private pvp game then its blocked off by level just like public pvp matches. we want something EVERYONE can do together.

- currently this is the only fleet "event" in game. what do I mean by fleet event? I mean something where large groups of people can get together in a controlled situation and do things. getting everyone in one instance in a Fleet Action is VERY challenging, and while its easier to do it in "social" areas (ds9, risa, ect) theres simply nothing to do there.

- there are NO (none, zero, nada) official fleet events. No where in the game does it say "bring your entire fleet and do X!". the largest groups are groups of 5 unless you get in to fleet actions but that was covered in the last point.

- ITS FUN! I was playing just yesterday some 2v2 bridge pvp with fleetmates and it was a fricken blast! it was more fun then I have ever had on a public pvp match.

-people always want more bridge activitys. how many people want more to do on the bridge? LOTS! so why get rid of the one thing you CAN do on your bridge thats loads of fun?

Please don't take away the only thing fleets can do together thats actually FUN and isnt pain in the arse instance switching. the only way I would be ok with ditching bridge pvp is if they add fleet pvp that is ALL LEVELS. if we are playing with friends don't restrict us! It would be a great fleet event to have 15 level 10's vs 3 lvl 45s. but right now we cant do that.

p.s. some people think I'm saying that i support griefing, I AM NOT. I'm saying when everyone is there BY THEIR OWN CHOICE then its fun!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 08:06 AM
I'll be honest. Even after seeing the YouTube video, I am not entirely sure what went down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
I'll be honest. Even after seeing the YouTube video, I am not entirely sure what went down.
A load of Klingon players were invited to a Federation bridge, where they were summarily slaughtered in the name of the Federation! It was an awesome PvP event and everyone there had a blast. Even the GMs got in on the fun!

Also, I agree, don't remove this. If you're not going to create team or fleet-specific instances for content, this 'bug' is the best thing to happen to the game content so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 08:36 AM
What's funny is that a "bug" is one of the funnest aspects of the game and it was an accident.

The bugs are better than the vision.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I saw the video too, and while it clearly was griefing, if the devs could incorporate the proper rules and limits bridge 1 v1 or 2 v 2 pvp could be great! I love seeing other peoples bridges too and getting badges from it is icing on the cake hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildon View Post
What's funny is that a "bug" is one of the funnest aspects of the game and it was an accident..
Its true. if this is indeed a bug then turn it into a feature! its a load of fun! if they are really worried about greefing then get rid of needing to go to the doors to leave. just make it a button like when your on a station.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuite View Post
A load of Klingon players were invited to a Federation bridge, where they were summarily slaughtered in the name of the Federation! It was an awesome PvP event and everyone there had a blast. Even the GMs got in on the fun!
Also, I agree, don't remove this. If you're not going to create team or fleet-specific instances for content, this 'bug' is the best thing to happen to the game content so far.
did you ask the Klingon's you grifed if it was fun? just wondering
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, that's a little detail that's somehow overlooked by the Goonie PR department. Or Ministry of Information or whatever they call it now. The Klingons weren't aware they were going to be whacked and instead were lied onto the bridge with promises of rewards of some kind.

Sure, it's funny now to watch the video but this stuff is griefing regardless of how they try to parse and massage it after the fact. And that's totally fine for Eve Online. This ain't Eve Online.

Edit: And I've yet to see any indication the GMs were "part of the fun". I saw one, close cropped, screenshot of what seemed to be a befuddled GM trying to sort out what was going on. At best.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
did you ask the Klingon's you grifed if it was fun? just wondering
no, I am NOT saying grifing is fun. I'm saying when you do this with your fleet, your friends, it IS fun. when its an even battle and everyone involved is there by their own choice. I am in no way telling them to keep it for grifing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree with Dr. Danger.

If you do not want to be "bridge ganked" don't accept bridge invites from people you do not know. Cryptic needs not to protect players from themselves.

But the way bridge PvP works now it is great for fleets that want to do some consensual inter or intra-fleet pvp.