Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
It's a bug... Now, say, implementing a scenario where you beam to other faction's bridge, that would be a fun idea. Would really fit with some of the hope suggestions of utilizing the ship bridge in missions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
I fully support bridge PvP. If you're going to remove the 'bug' then I would love to see a feature implemented that allows bridge PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Im quite happy with them fixing it thanks.

the abuse risk is far too great.

I mean, those klingon players? If i had been a gm on that scene i would have banned the entire fleet, apologised to the klingons then posted a public warning that griefing will not be tolerated.

Some people need to grow up =/
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
so the entire community should be punished just because of few people cant play nice? thats just dumb. instead of removing an awesome feature they need to make it easyer to leave the bridge. that way if you go to a bridge and keep getting killed in one click you can leave the bridge. when your on a star base there is always that little "beam to ship" button. if they add that then no one can be griefed on bridges. that solves the griefing problem and keeps a really fun feature.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 09:53 AM
I definitely like bridge pvp and it is just good fun!

I would like the bug to be fixed only when they implement a way for this to actually happen.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
so the entire community should be punished just because of few people cant play nice? thats just dumb. instead of removing an awesome feature they need to make it easyer to leave the bridge. that way if you go to a bridge and keep getting killed in one click you can leave the bridge. when your on a star base there is always that little "beam to ship" button. if they add that then no one can be griefed on bridges. that solves the griefing problem and keeps a really fun feature.
So bugs in the game shouldn't be fixed if they are "fun"?

Although hey, if you want to have a nice easy way to afk-level in STO [not saying it's hard to level normally anyway, but :p].
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Too late, it appears the fix is already decided.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
So bugs in the game shouldn't be fixed if they are "fun"?

Although hey, if you want to have a nice easy way to afk-level in STO [not saying it's hard to level normally anyway, but :p].
You're taking apart what I'm saying and turning it in to somethings its not. this is not an exploit, no one gains levels or items out of this. Yes, as it is right now people can grief with it, so fix the griefing aspect but leave the bridge pvp. Thats all I'm asking. I'm in no way saying "leave afk leveling!", I'm fully against that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
You're taking apart what I'm saying and turning it in to somethings its not. this is not an exploit, no one gains levels or items out of this. Yes, as it is right now people can grief with it, so fix the griefing aspect but leave the bridge pvp. Thats all I'm asking. I'm in no way saying "leave afk leveling!", I'm fully against that.
Yes, actually, you can. Which is why I /bugged it in beta.

Not in a real meaningful way, but it can allow pretty easily for automated progression [just at a very slow rate].
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
The ideal fix would be a confirmation box.

"WARNING: Accepting this bridge invite will take you to an enemy location where you can be attacked. Are you sure you want to accept this bridge invite?"

That way we'd still have the fun feature but people could make informed decisions.