Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Yes, actually, you can. Which is why I /bugged it in beta.

Not in a real meaningful way, but it can allow pretty easily for automated progression [just at a very slow rate].
I did not know this. every time I have done it I have never gotten any items or any (noticable?) xp. if this is true then I'm all for removing what ever is dropping items and giving xp. I just want the open to all pvp, thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
It was awesome pvp for whom?

If awesome pvp equals shooting fish in a barrel or using dynamite to fish then I guess it was awesome.

It was a Fedbear gankfest.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
From what I've read here, it seems like a great feature for the developers to expand on. I don't disagree if they dismantle it for the short term to work out any bugs and exploits. But it needs to become a permanent feature is some way.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
It was awesome pvp for whom?

If awesome pvp equals shooting fish in a barrel or using dynamite to fish then I guess it was awesome.

It was a Fedbear gankfest.
please re-read my first post. I said very clearly that I am against griefing and that this is for CROSS FACTION FLEETS. when your playing with friends (that means both sides are people you know, no random players that don't know whats going on) its fun. With both teams even so that EVERYONE (not just the klingons) is dieing. pulling in random klingons that are way below your level and just killing them the moment they appear is not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post
Im quite happy with them fixing it thanks.

the abuse risk is far too great.

I mean, those klingon players? If i had been a gm on that scene i would have banned the entire fleet, apologised to the klingons then posted a public warning that griefing will not be tolerated.
Good thing you weren't the GM on the scene then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post
Some people need to grow up =/
Yes, *some* people do.

Kettle, this is pot, over.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh, so it's "Fun"? Then you know it's getting removed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
I did not know this. every time I have done it I have never gotten any items or any (noticable?) xp. if this is true then I'm all for removing what ever is dropping items and giving xp. I just want the open to all pvp, thats it.
Not really willing to go into detail on it, since it appears to have shown up again, but ya that was actually the reason I ended up reporting this bug in beta.

Again, it's not meaningful progression at all, but it is extremely easy to have unattended progression with it. With what happened in that instance, most likly it didn't come up, or at least wasn't noticed.

And I do appreciate the idea of bridge combat , however, with how the game is setup currently, I think it's best served through pvp scenarios, a more open pvp area [Neutral Zone comes to mind really] would be a good avenue for expanding into that area though.

Not the first time a bug that allowed for open pvp has been closed [although I think it's the first time live]. There was much sadness when they fixed the bug that made it possible for Klingons to raid Federation space. Great fun for some, but not necessarily the way game is equipped to handle. Back then as well, the developers did like the idea of more open pvp potential, so we can hope that development on it does occur.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I definitely don't want to see this "bug" removed from the game! It was my bridge that Rodel (Dr. Danger) and I were on killing each other, which was a ton of fun. (Ok, more like I was killing him since I was on my RA5 at the time and not my alt.)

This notion of inviting Klingons to your bridge is one of the, if not THE, most fun you can currently have on your bridge. Otherwise, it's kind of boring. I remember the video Cryptic posted of Klingons "boarding" a Federation bridge and killing the players and the NPCs. This is the closest we can get to that at the moment, and I definitely want to keep it around!

With the vast lack of content currently in this game (and the complete LACK of information from Cryptic now that the game has gone live. Really, Cryptic, what's up with that? You were so talkative before Live, now you seem scared to make a sound!) a bridge PvP (inner fleet) fight would be immense fun!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
can't wait for this to be fixed so we can drink some more salty starfleet dental tears. gb2eve.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Told you lot the goons would find ways to get you

I also think this should stay.