Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
I don't see any mockery.
Mockery:

# Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.
# A specific act of ridicule or derision.
# An object of scorn or ridicule: made a mockery of the rules.
# A false, derisive, or impudent imitation: The trial was a mockery of justice.
# Something ludicrously futile or unsuitable: The few packages of food seemed a mockery in the face of such enormous destit


See the Red
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
not a religous person here so to me the OP's post is quite hilarious. However i can see people getting pretty upset of this, since they cant see any humor in their religion.

OP funny, but probably not the best thing to make a thread on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
You do know commandment isn't a strictly biblical word right?
" The Ten Commandments" are. Yea. Get real.

I mean, I could go out and write down ten of my own commandments but lets not get all technical. We both know what the OP was going for here. Dont feign some sort of innocence on his part. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Mockery:

# Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.
# A specific act of ridicule or derision.
# An object of scorn or ridicule: made a mockery of the rules.
# A false, derisive, or impudent imitation: The trial was a mockery of justice.
# Something ludicrously futile or unsuitable: The few packages of food seemed a mockery in the face of such enormous destit


See the Red
There were 10, just like in the bible, and only one was even close to the real thing, and "not kill" seems like a pretty common sense one. Furthermore, none of the other ones really attempted to be like the biblical version. It's not like he said, "You shalt have no graven tribble images", or something similar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Mockery:

# Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.
# A specific act of ridicule or derision.
# An object of scorn or ridicule: made a mockery of the rules.
# A false, derisive, or impudent imitation: The trial was a mockery of justice.
# Something ludicrously futile or unsuitable: The few packages of food seemed a mockery in the face of such enormous destit


See the Red
The key words there are derisive, impudent, futile, and unsuitable. I see none of that at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
not a religous person here so to me the OP's post is quite hilarious. However i can see people getting pretty upset of this, since they cant see any humor in their religion.

OP funny, but probably not the best thing to make a thread on.
Im glad someone here gets it. I appreciate that.

Whether or not its inappropriate religiously, there's already been a tribble thread closed today. A person even got on last night complaining how they got silenced in game for doing tribble spam.

Seriously, Im just sick of tribble crap popping up now even in the forums. As if the problem in the game wasnt bad enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedelta View Post
I'm not seeing a groundswell of support for a playable tribble race.

oh well, there goes a perfectly good idea.
/tribble race


I can see it now...

Captain we are being hailed!

-camera guy pans down to small tribble- -coooou-

Klingon stares at tribble via view screen

camera guy stares at tribble again

....

phasers away!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Im glad someone here gets it. I appreciate that.

Whether or not its inappropriate religiously, there's already been a tribble thread closed today. A person even got on last night complaining how they got silenced in game for doing tribble spam.

Seriously, Im just sick of tribble crap popping up now even in the forums. As if the problem in the game wasnt bad enough.
You don't have to read it, you know. It's just silly fun. It's not like there are a dozen threads cluttering up the front page or anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
To semi-quote Family Guy...

"Hey, he's making light of my religion!"
"Steve, there's...nothing you can do."
"Oh... Well I guess I'll have to develop a sense of humor."

DEVELOP A SENSE OF HUMOR
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Ryugi_Kazamaru View Post
To semi-quote Family Guy...

"Hey, he's making light of my religion!"
"Steve, there's...nothing you can do."
"Oh... Well I guess I'll have to develop a sense of humor."

DEVELOP A SENSE OF HUMOR
Yea I have one. Highly developed in fact. OP wasnt funny. There was nothing funny about it. My 7 year old son could have come up with that. Har har har.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.