Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
BUMP for truth...
How delusional can one person be? Did you even read the results of the question above and below the one you quoted?
Or did you pretend they weren't there to maintain your belief.

More people that took this poll are in favor of some kind of DP than not. Fact.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 03:36 PM
another statistic approximately only 30% of the player base reads or participates in forums

This is a statistic that has been looked at in every MMO I know of
it has lasted the test of time.

Ask in game most do not even know a DP is being looked at, even though the state of the game letter is on the launch pad

So you can say what you will but the vast majority of the player base is not even participating.
The DP is mainly used to slow down progress on xp gains supposedly to buy the devs more time to work on content before too many cap out and get bored.

However with STO a ton are already capped and it has been out - not even a month.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydofZINJ View Post
Are people even dying right now for it to matter? What is the last time you died, besides in PvP or when you solo everything in fleet actions?

Who cares about a death penality when you dont die?

I most often die when I warp into a Defend mission with 1-3 full fleets within firing range who proceed to blow me to bits over and over as I respawn.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
How delusional can one person be? Did you even read the results of the question above and below the one you quoted?

*sigh* You can take multiple choices in the other ones.
Pro-DP voters can vote every single pro DP option in the top one while no-DP voters can only vote "The current death penalty is fine".
So the top one only tells you about what DP is liked by most. Not how many people want one.

You cant count together the votes of the top one and say more people voted Pro-DP there because one person could have voted for every single Pro-DP.

Edit: "Fact." :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I Call Shenanigans!!

Having a poll for one day is Not a good poll. Us folks who love to spend our time in game and not on forums are people who demand challenge and would ike to see a debt/death penalty because what is the challange if you just repeatedly die with no consequense or team work!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
A Death Penalty wont give you any challange.
The game is so easy you never die. The only time you die in this game is when you are spawnfragged or a fleet spawns right on top of you while already fighting another.
And if that wernt annoying enough you want to be punished for it?
I dont get why some people think a death penalty will make things more challanging. It wont.

They will make a difficulty slider.
Set it to hard and make it a personal goal not to die.
There is your challange without ****ing everyone off.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12

I dont know, it seems more accurate to say that more people are fine with things as they are now as opposed to a harsher DP. I guess it depends on if you combine the numbers of the people who like things as they are and those who dont want a DP at all. But there was only a couple of hundred who participated and the community is much larger than that.

Thanks for doing the poll thought (OP).
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Every time I spot this thread title, I think 'Mr. Plow.'

Am I the only one?

Vote!
[Y]es
[N]o
[P]eople who disagree with me are vile and kick puppies
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
A Death Penalty wont give you any challange.
The game is so easy you never die. The only time you die in this game is when you are spawnfragged or a fleet spawns right on top of you while already fighting another.
And if that wernt annoying enough you want to be punished for it?
I dont get why some people think a death penalty will make things more challanging. It wont.

They will make a difficulty slider.
Set it to hard and make it a personal goal not to die.
There is your challange without ****ing everyone off.
I said I like a good challenge not a team of peoples who just keep running in to die over and over again because there is no deterrent. I have to believe that there are a lot of folks who would love to log on a few times a week and play with a team (without all the complications of joining a fleet/clan/guild) to do missions, get some decent experience points (maybe with a difficulty setting of Plus 4 or 5) with out spending an hour or 2 going through several teams before finding one that behaves reasonably in battle.

It would appear that your interest is in your leveling up a few lvl 50 guys by your self then going on to the next game. Besides if you never die.... Then why would you be opposed to a DP Really? Let us folks who plan on being here for the next 3-5 years having fun with lots of different groups and peoples enjoy our selves. It's ok you can go ahead and level a few guys and go on your way.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Nice when you go in to vote and it's closed. Why not make a poll that lasts longer then a day so people can come make it more accurate.