Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
Sardoc:
I'll quote:
27% Current death penalty is fine
28% No death penalty at all is perfect
42% I want a harder death penalty than we have now

So... no, the majority does NOT want an appreciable death penalty, the majority want what we have now or less.

In fact, it's more 'anti DP' now than it was when I first looked at it.
And I'll quote:
34% Current death penalty is fine
19% No death penalty at all is perfect
47% I want a harder death penalty than we have now

First of all, to me, 47% wanting a DP isnt really in the minority, if anything it is an even split.

Second, the poll was closed after a day. The person that closed it supports the no death penalty group. Therefor the poll is invalid, as it was childishly closed when he felt he was winning.

Third, you cant add the current dp people with the no dp people. The current DP group probably doesnt even care one way or the other, and if anything, I would through out their votes when comparing. If the questions were designed better, I wouldnt have to, but the way these were worded is poorly designed (statistics major, and do experimental design for a living).

So, to me it seems the majority actually want a dp, followed by a group that couldnt care one way or another, and lagging way behind is the group that wants no DP at all
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
It wasn't 47% when I quoted, you can't magically wave your hands and add information to 'I want current system' that isn't there, and I would challenge you to find any DP proponent who honestly thinks the current 'death penalty' isn't tantamount to 'no death penalty.'
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I vote NO. After WoW,EVE and a few others its refreshing to find only a small time penalty. Apparently a DP was included in the original plan but pulled for some reason.

Try it by all means on the test system (Tribble ?) and then guage the reaction of the player base. That would be fair to all and stop the ADS kids who will surely find a way to grief others if its installed without a couple of months of testing.