Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Maybe you didn't notice, but in the various series they almost always beamed down to the surface as a plot tool at the start of the episode.

I too enjoy ground PvE combat.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellan
Seriously? I'm blown away if you're being serious. You're the only person I've seen that put 'like' and 'ground combat' in the same sentence.
Yup I am serious. I avoid any mission that has the word Secure in it (as well as the stupid Aid missions).

I have my BOs ground skills maxed as well as some Captain skill points spent in Ground.

I have a nice balance of Expose / Exploit weapons. Special weapons for when I encounter NPCs with lots of shields (Commanders).

Different kits for different scenarios,.

I interact with the commands to the BOs to do various things (focus fire, drop engineering things here, etc.).

And Yup ... murphy's law says that I get those blasted Secure missions more times than not. Wish I could trade those for your Ground Missions
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
Maybe you didn't notice, but in the various series they almost always beamed down to the surface as a plot tool at the start of the episode.

I too enjoy ground PvE combat.
Yes, but I don't remember the crew fighting groups of mobs every 50 yards.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toran View Post
It's only a recent change, and its annoying.

I hope they are keeping metrics, because as soon as I see "Approach Planet" "Approach Base" or "Aid Planet" I warp out of the system. (At least until I've done a couple of space missions first, then I'm more than happy to do 1 ground mission).

Even a fixed cycle of: Space Mission, Ground Mission, Scan/Survey (Space or Ground) <repeat cycle> would be better than repeatedly getting ground missions.
Actually, I haven't seen an Aid Planet mission for a couple of weeks now...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
Hush you fool! Don't jinx it!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
I'm captain 6 now and so far have only seen 1 Aid planet mission (which I dropped as soon as I noticed what was being asked of me)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
Hush you fool! Don't jinx it!
Boo! I saw 3 last night!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toran View Post
I hope they are keeping metrics, because as soon as I see "Approach Planet" "Approach Base" or "Aid Planet" I warp out of the system. (At least until I've done a couple of space missions first, then I'm more than happy to do 1 ground mission).
Ditto. I am getting so many ground missions it's not even funny any more. The main gameplay reason for this game for me is space gameplay... if ground combat were like in Mass Effect, I would really love it, but this here is just a standard MMO "click target and spam skills" combat system with phaser guns - a gameplay system that works well with socery and such, but not a phaser pistol or disruptor rifle...