Lt. Commander
I'm looking to have a tactical officer with Leg Sweep I, Lunge I, Stealth I, Ambush I. How effective are officers in unarmed combat? If I don't equip the officer with a weapon will they just charge to their doom or do they generally do as well as an officer carrying an energy weapon?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 10:33 AM
There are others that have officers with melee abilities, but in my experience, they never use them. They just hang back and prefer to use the firearms that they have. That was ashame, because I had one with lunge 3 and swapped it out for Focus Fire 2. I gave a bat'leth to an officer and he just stood there. I never really tested to see if they act on near by enemies closing the gap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
There are others that have officers with melee abilities, but in my experience, they never use them. They just hang back and prefer to use the firearms that they have. That was ashame, because I had one with lunge 3 and swapped it out for Focus Fire 2. I gave a bat'leth to an officer and he just stood there. I never really tested to see if they act on near by enemies closing the gap.
If they are equiped with a firearm, I suspect they'll just use that firearm unless the enemy is in melee range.

I've heard that only tactical officers will use the bat'leth.

I guess I'll just have to take the plunge to find out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Bridge officers use melee abilities (rifle butt, palm strike) whenever an enemy is close. If you unequip them, they'll go martial arts. If you give them batleths, then they'll use batleths.

Melee sucks in this game and bridge officers melee sucks even more. Bridge officers are pretty much just in game to act like meat shields and place expose on enemies. Away missions are usually so easy that it doesn't really matter if you do that or not, just that it will take a little bit longer if you equip your bridge officers with melee.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotti
Bridge officers use melee abilities (rifle butt, palm strike) whenever an enemy is close.
true.

Quote:
If you unequip them, they'll go martial arts.
less true, but i've seen them throw some palm strikes, so i'll give you that.

Quote:
If you give them batleths, then they'll use batleths.
false. they crouch down in one spot and use powers. that's it. if an enemy gets within melee range they'll use the bat'leth strike (equivalent of a palm strike with KB/stun), but that's it. in fact they hold the bat'leth like a pistol and if i could zoom in close enough i wouldn't be surprised if i heard them making "pew pew, zaaaap" noises.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 03:14 AM
You can also try to have them go aggressive in their stance settings....that might help....my tac BO has that and she goes crazy after the enemy...right now it is funny to watch cause she is wearing a skirt doing this when she should be wearing armor.........but the funnies will probably end tonight after this patch....:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 05:56 AM
You can buy Klingon weppons for hand to hand combat from DS9
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Really? I do remember my broffs doing melee attacks (as in the combo ones) when I forgot to equip them once, or perhaps I remembered wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Well I gave one of my Tac BO's all them melee ground skills, took off his weapon and he just stood there during several fights. So finally gave back his weapon and sent him back to school.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 01:36 PM
yep they just sit there and crouch