Lt. Commander
So,

I was thinking (after watching episode 5x19, The First Duty) how incredibly awesome would be to have a game where you began as a teenager who just passed the Academy exams and life the whole Academy, the first assignments, missions, etc... until finally leads an Star Fleet vessel (or decides to be the Number One of the best Captain).

As a programmer myself I'm used to have good and nice ideas; i remember thinking and speaking with friends about a game very much like Sims years before it appeared (is true, is no use to lie here so, why would I?) but my limited knowledge doesn't take me far - in fact, i've been developing a web based game for years, but I started it from scratch like five times now ><

Ah! How wonderful would it be if someone (and I know Cryptic resources are busy, to say the least) decided to create that game.

I've also been tempted to hack STO and get some resources like the character creator screen but my ethics yelled at me the moment I thought about that (another big problem, but is good to know my ethics are still up and running )

Only wanted to share it with you all ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 06:50 AM
That really sounds cool to me. Loved Fable and Sims in their time. Would be pretty interesting to see what they could come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I would have my dog dig for treasure everywhere while I invited neighbors to my bridge for a dance party...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Kickin chickens and /flail at your BO? Dialog would be cheap too "Bwuaaah Muaaahhh FIft bleee Mwuaaaah Shzua Shzuoooo"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Kickin chickens and /flail at your BO? Dialog would be cheap too "Bwuaaah Muaaahhh FIft bleee Mwuaaaah Shzua Shzuoooo"
Ah you know simlish

Yeah, one of my brothers was hoping to start in starfleet academy learning the ropes, then a stint in the engineering room to learn in space .. then if chosen to do so elevate to captaining of your own ship. I like the idea

Oh, and yes, I do believe you may have thought up the idea of sims before it happened. I did the same with universal monopoly. But alas... an idea is still an idea until its written down and put into form *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Sims meets Star Trek?

...you mean like this?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 10:22 AM
more like this
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Sims meets Star Trek?

...you mean like this?
Nah! Spore really sucked.. after a few hours exploring the galaxy it was boring as hell and the planets were always having some kind of disaster.

If I ever seen a bugged game at launch that was Spore. Epic Fail imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
more like this
Well, the costumes are awesome and some interiors are nice... but the dancing... ><U

But yeah, more like this ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
you know what they say, have an original idea and somebody will copy it