Lt. Commander
I finished Cage of Fire last night and I'm RA2, but I have no more quests, except for the exploration missions and the defending/pvp missions, all of which I've done at least once in case they prompted something else.

Seems I've consistently been all over the map as well, except for the Gamma Orionis Sector Block. Started in Siruis, then directed to Regulus, Psi Canis, Psi Volorum, Eta Eridoni, Omega Leonis, then up to Alpha Centuri, Iota Pavonis, then back down to Beta Ursa, Alpha Trianguli and Zeta Andromedae. But no Gamma Orionis...

I know the cap is RA5, so is that when something will pop up for there and I should just do explore missions for now or do I need to talk to someone? I visited Sol, DS9, and Starbase 39-Sierra and Memory Alpha to see if there was someone I should talk to, but I couldn't find anything. I was gonna head back down to K7 tonight, but wanted to see if anyone can point me in a better direction.

What am I missing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
You have to get to RA 3 to get the Gamma Orionis. Do some DSE missions or PvP and when you hit RA 3, you can do the missions there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Would be nice if they could fix the BO pathing re: the Fire Caves in this mission... so far I've only gotten part way through the caves as the AI keeps getting lost and my character ends up far too often alone against more Cardassians than he can handle solo. Wonder if there should be an alternate transporter-based rally ability...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks Admiral_Soth - I'll do some more exploring missions for a while.

@DoctorZ - I just solo'd it. As a Science Officer I just tossed on my Medic kit and watched tv while i shot at things, healed myself, repeat....eventually they all died. The "boss" took forever...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorZ
Would be nice if they could fix the BO pathing re: the Fire Caves in this mission... so far I've only gotten part way through the caves as the AI keeps getting lost and my character ends up far too often alone against more Cardassians than he can handle solo. Wonder if there should be an alternate transporter-based rally ability...
I had the same problem with that mission. Luckily I'm a fabrication engineer, so I could solo it pretty easy, but Boff pathing was really messed up. They stopped about 20ft inside the cave, then when I kersploded on the boss fight, they respawned with me, and then did the same thing about 10 steps in. Oh well, at least it's doable (for an engineer, anyways, hehe).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I tried doing it tonight, however the last Hostage seems to be non-existent.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't know if their pathing is messed up, or it is meant to be that way. Some kind of mind control. I was able to set way points for them and they would come. But only one at a time. Group waypoints would fail, and I had to move the one closest to the point we were going to first. One of my eng BO commited suicide. He jumped off a bridge into the lava. No way of rescue. We were able to beam his remains to the ship and reconstruct him though...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
yes u have to set way points for them. and the waypoints have to be a direct line. i.e nothing obstructing the destination and their location.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorZ
i managed to complete it using a red shirts beam down ability, and a tactical ability at speeds up recharge timing of abilities to end up with 4 red shirts aiding me for a few minutes. took along time though
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign-Red-Shirt
I don't know if their pathing is messed up, or it is meant to be that way. Some kind of mind control. I was able to set way points for them and they would come. But only one at a time. Group waypoints would fail, and I had to move the one closest to the point we were going to first. One of my eng BO commited suicide. He jumped off a bridge into the lava. No way of rescue. We were able to beam his remains to the ship and reconstruct him though...
I had to do the same thing and it was so tedious. I presume something about the bridges messed up the already pathetic BO path finding.

It was really frustrating to have to lead the little morons one waypoint at a time. Made the otherwise easy and pretty cool mission take much longer than it should have.