Lt. Commander
Since arriving at RA5, I have found that ground combat seems to keep me occupied while waiting on new content to arrive. However, I think that something about "the element of surprise" is missing. Since all players can see the enemy on radar, most ground combat arenas end up as one group against another in a confined room. Each group sees the other and they just always seem to meet in the middle and fight, with a constant flow of death>respawn and run back. I think that by taking the enemy from the radar, it would add a sort of hide and seek type of hunt to the game that would be a lot of fun.

A few more suggestions/comments to add:

1. Perhaps adding something that would allow a player to see the opposition for only a short time. Maybe a drop, or even an ability.

2. Adding an ability for a player to Lean would help a lot. In other shooter type games, it is nice to be able to hide behind something, but lean out and shoot, without completely exposing yourself.

3. I really dislike the way my camera changes to follow targets, even though I have free camera selected in the options. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so perhaps I am missing something else in options to fix it.

4. Add a penalty for joining an arena and then leaving before it is finished. This would help resolve some of the issues surrounding pvp, where the members of a losing team beam out and leave the other team sitting there without a win.

I am sure others can add a lot more, or even flame what I suggest, but ideas are what help build a game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
If they remove that then your assistants wouldn't be able to say "captain, we've got dudes approaching on long range scanner!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh Damn! Since I can't go without that, forgot all I suggested LOL