Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 09:07 AM
WE WANT "SITES" NOT PROBABILITIES !!

Here is where we need to divert from City of Hero's mentality! and think more like a Call of Duty type game.

Like Space weapons There is no real time player skill accuracy required to fire weapons. This makes me crazy. How about a target site!! Then a gun could actually do a lot more damage. It also makes me crazy that if you love to just shoot stuff it takes something like 23 shots to kill a bad guy. When your weapon makes a big BOOM Bad guys should die!

It appears that all grounds weapons at each level deliver about the same amount of damage when its all said and done. Also there is only about 5 different types of weapons all the same just different levels base off your rank.
For the luv of Pete, Throw in an occasional Machine Gun. Surely there's room for some machine gun "feeling" weapons.

Pssst, Pssst. Guy's Love machine Guns!!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellan
"Everytime I went to do an away mission I moaned and died a little inside"
I laughed when I read this because instead of "moaned and died a little inside" I usually end it with "wanted to stab baby puppies."

I agree with the second poster; the shields are ridiculous and make the fights too long.

Also, 50 waves of enemies isn't hard. It's long and annoying. Every time I saw "another wave incoming" I wanted to scream.

There's no reason to have packs every fifteen meters. There's no reason to eliminate guile or strategy altogether. Right now, if you see red dots you *know* that's where you have to go without even thinking because there are always enemies next to your object and you cannot avoid them by being clever.

Boffs aren't coded for melee combat or at least they aren't coded well.

Boffs are stupid and...well, theyre stupid. They also get stuck on doors, rocks, plants. They run around like idiots gathering up packs I was trying to avoid (see complaints about pack distribution).

I switch weapons and I lose my target.

I knock people up when they should be going down (oh yeah).

Targs moonwalking at me, and Targ Masters summoning an endless wave of them from a Pokeball.

Centurion Medics rezzing vaporized allies (what, do they put them through some kind of dehumidifier or something?)

Fire Extinguishers don't put out plasma fires (I just felt like throwing that in there).

No auto-fire, meaning spamming 2 1 1 1 1 swap 2 1 1 1 1 swap 2 1 1 1 1.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2010, 04:28 AM
I really like the ground combat personally. I find it an enjoyable change from what seems to be fairly much constant space fight after space fight. I find some of the space fights tedious when you fly around and around in circles for half an hour trying to take down one ship....
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 05:42 AM
SIGHTS! Not 'SITES'.

A gun has 'SIGHTS'. Derived from the verb 'to see'. A 'site' is a location.

Grumble.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 08:02 AM
I don't think ground combat sucks.

It does have bugs, but overall I think ground combat is UNINSPIRED. It is just a rehash of the same old ground combat that you find in just about every other MMO.

Changing this would require a complete redesign of ground combat from its basic concepts, to the controls, to the map layouts. As this involves a dramatic change to content which is already in the release pipeline (i.e., other STF missions), I do not see this coming any time soon, IF EVER.

Sorry, but I think we're stuck with the current ground combat design. Make the best of it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I don't think ground combat sucks.

It does have bugs, but overall I think ground combat is UNINSPIRED. It is just a rehash of the same old ground combat that you find in just about every other MMO.

Changing this would require a complete redesign of ground combat from its basic concepts, to the controls, to the map layouts. As this involves a dramatic change to content which is already in the release pipeline (i.e., other STF missions), I do not see this coming any time soon, IF EVER.

Sorry, but I think we're stuck with the current ground combat design. Make the best of it.
We're stuck with the design, yes, but if they reduced enemy HP values by about 80% across the board it would be much less of slog.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2010, 09:31 AM
It needs to be revamped entirely.

It's tedious, slow paced and quite frankly boring.
I hate everything about it. It's not enjoyable at all. It's an even duller version of KOTOR's combat mechanics.
BioWare finally realized that and revamped it entirely in Mass Effect 2. That's how the combat should be in this game. A fast paced, real time third person shooter with a cover mechanic. Not only would it be fun and challenging but it would also be true to Star Trek's numerous fire fights that we have seen on screen.

Take cover, shoot, shoot, do a barrel roll, change cover etc. That's how it should be.

Don't even get me started on the dumb friendly ai and their poor aggro management.

Revamp it completely if you want me to continue to play this game. Space Combat alone, althoughvery enjoyable, isn't enough to keep me coming back to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardbird View Post
Priority Number 1 for me: allowing avatar to turn while targeting an opponent. Ground combat would be saved for me if this could finally happen. I'll never understand why they re-map my L and R turns into redundant strafes.
Amen. If anything, just turn me when I fire or something. It's incredibly awkward when after a few seconds of moving around in combat I know longer know which way my character will move. I really have no idea why movement works the way it does -- I play other gamers where characters will turn to face the enemy, but the direction you move is *always* relative to the direction you are pointed, instead of the direction you were pointed when you fired your first shot.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Get rid of target locking, institute "sticky-targeting", triple the combat range, and reduce the amount of buffs and debuffs so my hand doesn't tie itself into a knot when I try to launch some abilities and move at the same time.

I'd also make LMB your default attack, RMB heavy strike, and make a catch all "melee strike" ability that is divorced from the weapon itself (though it would still obviously use your ranged weapon if you had it equipped).
Lt. Commander
# 30 Controls Are Broken
03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I really just want to see the control bugs fixed for ground combat, so that pvp isn't impossible and pve isn't a sanity consuming, soul crushing, traumatizing experience that leaves you feeling ***** and empty inside. Also, fix the camera... it's half the battle. But while we're at it, can we get the sticky ship powers fixed too? Oh, the ground powers need help too. Crap, THROW IT IN THE TRASH AND START OVER FROM SCRATCH, CRYPTIC. THIS IS ASSEMBLED ALL WRONG