Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to Rank to Admiral
02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
The mission from Admiral Quinn to promote to Captain is bugged and will not complete. All tasks for it have been completed, including the optional Promotion to Captain ceremony.

I filed a GM request for this bug over 78 hours ago with no response. Now, I am unable to level up to Rear Admiral due to the Promotion to Captain mission not completing! There is no way to drop this mission. The "Drop" button remains inactive and I can not level my character!!

This is an extremely annoying bug. Please resolve it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I have the exact same problem. PLEASE FIX!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
My ticket has been responded to with this:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Promotion mission bug. We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing!"

My issue has not been resolved, and prevents me from continuing to play the game. C'mon now, give me something to work with here...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 04:14 PM
I had read of Cryptic's bad reputation when it comes to support issues, yet I had taken it with a grain of salt. I am beginning to understand why they get this kind of reputation now though. I find it very hard to believe that if they are aware of the issue, it is impossible for a GM or someone to simply clear the mission for the customer. Every MMO I have ever played, GMs have the capability to clear/reset broken quests/missions. Why Cryptic is unable to do this is beyond me.

Also, since this is a known issue as I am reading from the patch notes, is there any kind of know workaround to this? Can we simply go and buy our next Tier vessel? If so, will we be reimbursed the cost of the ship? Will we be at least granted a free ship name change or some other compensation?

A bug that prevents character progression is not minor. It is game breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Bug reported this a few days ago, recieved no response.
I have a seperate ticket for another issue since the 16th Feb still with no response also.

To be fair tho, the ticket numbers are around the 700,000 to 800,000 marks, so they obviously have loads to deal with.

This could be reduced radically if submitted tickets for the problem your experiencing was actually shown in the window that displays common bugs.

I'd be quite happy just ticking a marker to add my name to the already submitted bug report to make them aware that others are having the issue too than create a new ticket every time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_M_Scotland
To be fair tho, the ticket numbers are around the 700,000 to 800,000 marks, so they obviously have loads to deal with.
And to be fair to us, the paying customer, this isn't an excuse. All they need to is have a GM clear the mission and the problem is solved. Other MMOs have just as many support tickets, if not more, and at a minimum respond within 24 hours. This is approaching 4 days now with no word at all.

I saw in the patch notes this is a known issue that has been fixed for players obtaining the mission now. It does not help those who are stuck in the mission. "We'll get to it someday" is poor quality control and poor customer support.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
SAME HERE FOR ME
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Cryptic, I understand this is a launch MMO. But, this is an issue that prevents progress through the game. If you don't fix it, what incentive do we have to keep paying?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
This prevents anyone from getting missions that are above Captain 7. Every exploration mission and one new one I received from Kurkland at DS9 are all set to Captain 7 and all drops are Captain items. Is there no way a GM can simply clear these missions for the affected customers? It's getting absurd to have to wait a few weeks to a month to get a fix for this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Bump. Need help...please