Lt. Commander
A few weeks ago some poor guy posted that he'd accidentally deleted a high level character. I read it and laughed.."that's crazy, how could anyone do anything that stupid". Tonight I logged on to what I thought was the "Holodeck". Eager to test some of the new shineys. I logged on and saw that all three characters I transferred over were there. Deciding it might be fun to check out the Klingon missions on a lowbie (and to see if new race options were there), I deleted my highest level toon.

"Hey where's all the new stuff", I said, surprised I couldn't find anything. It was only after asking this very stupid question in Zone chat did I realize what I'd done. I clicked on "Holodeck" but was somehow logged onto live. I had deleted my toon. All her gear and three rare Tribblles I bred...gone. I couldn't even get angry as it was 100% my own fault.

I guess it's a good thing the leveling is easy in this game. I get to see all the content over again!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Holodeck is the main server.
Tribble is the test server.
Even says so on the launcher. (well... says Tribble is the test shard)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Holodeck is the main server.
Tribble is the test server.
Even says so on the launcher. (well... says Tribble is the test shard)
Yup..as I finished typing this. I realized the pure stupidity of what I'd done..was even worse. I think in my head I was thinking.."Holodeck = Simulation = Test". Even though I've logged into Tribble to test before. Shows what a very long day and being a hurry will do to you...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Yup..as I finished typing this. I realized the pure stupidity of what I'd done..was even worse. I think in my head I was thinking.."Holodeck = Simulation = Test". Even though I've logged into Tribble to test before. Shows what a very long day and being a hurry will do to you...
it is rather confusing yes.
The names really should be reversed.

And just in case you felt it was missing from the thread... *points and laughs and goes and gets another cup of tea... maybe a sammich*
What? Chat has a hunger.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I love laughing at stupid people.

I am laughing at you right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Ouch! sad bit of cherry topping is some dev probably brought up the confusing names in a meeting but it never went anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Ouch! sad bit of cherry topping is some dev probably brought up the confusing names in a meeting but it never went anywhere.
i imagine that that meeting went something like this
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I too think naming the live server holodeck was kinda wtf-stupid... that would be the perfect name for the test server. The live server should be called Prime or Reality or something along those lines... or even Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Nope, cant post it ill get in trouble.
Ill post the opposite instead.

What a very smart thing to do. I cant completely understand how easy it is to make such a mistake.

Palm... his face in it
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 04:48 AM
What's really funny is: I just log into the game... I have no idea what this tribble / holodeck jazz is all about. I enter my PW, press <enter>, wait a few seconds, click Enter, and play.

Where is the test server? hehehehe