Lt. Commander
First some info about myself:

I am 38 years of age with a wife, 3 kids and job - however I still can manage to put in 15+ hours of play time during a week, as long as I don't get bored.

Former guild leader in Pirates of the Burning Sea: The belize Clipper Company
Former guild leader and founder of Warhammer Online: The Asgards

Nationality: Danish (CET time zone)

MMO experience: Genesis (MUD actually) ,UO, WoW, Horizons, WAR, ****, STO and some more I forgot...

Looking for:
1) An organized and active guild.
2) Active forum.
3) Active voice chat (probably mandatory during guild events, preferably ventrilo)

I am currently in a nice fleet. But they lack no. 2 & 3, which is why I am considering a new "home".

PS. Would like regular PvP group/fleet action as well - this part definately with mandatory voice com.

Best regards,
Cpt. Thoke
Joined Trill, U.S.S. Thor
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Cpt. Thoke, if you want to join a mature fleet, check out http://www.sfh-fleet.com/
We have TeamSpeak3, IM service, dedicated servers for the fleet, forums and irc room. There is always at least one person online playing STO. So it won't be too hard to find a person to help you out with quest or join you in PvP matches. Mandatory fleet meetings, also we have people from Europe and the US.

Look for me in game Zombie Chan@zombie_chan if you have any question.

Hope to see you there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry, does sound like a nice fleet, but a few things discourage me... The worst being this paragraph:
"By submitting this oath you agree to be bound by all current and future articles of this Code of Conduct, and all amendments made thereto."

The "current" part is ofcourse reasonable, but expecting people to agree to some obscure, unknown "future articles" and all amendments seems to be a bit extreme.

Plus I like the occasional politically incorrect, sexual or otherwise mature joke/discussion on voice chat, so maybe your fleet is not for me.

Thank you for the reply though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Oh too bad. Though thanks for letting me know. It's nice to hear feedback.
P.S

You actually read that. I didn't think anyone read that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie_chan
Oh too bad. Though thanks for letting me know. It's nice to hear feedback.
P.S

You actually read that. I didn't think anyone read that.
Ofcourse I read it The only reason I made this post, is that many fleets doesn't post much info concerning policy, goals, rules, voice com, pvp etc. Many fleets doesn't even have the info on their homepage. So yes, I check out the info when I can and it is there

PS. In *my* experience as a guild leader some things are needed to have a long term successful fleet/guild: Active forum and voice coms (especially during pvp events). My "old" Warhammer Online guild still exists btw: http://asgards.mmoguildsites.net
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey Thoke!

Just read your post and The Sentinels seems to have pretty much what you are looking for. We are using Ventrilo and have an active forum. All of our members understand that RL comes first, I think you would fit right in. Check below for more info:

The Sentinels are a multi-gaming community with an average age of 30+ and no drama!

We have an active membership in several different MMO's and are building our Starfleet Division here in STO. At this point we have about 50 to 60 active members in our fleet and are steadily growing. The overall guild has over 500 active members and we also maintain our own guild Ventrilo server. We look for quality over quantity, and have a very thorough application process. Its our goal to make sure you are as happy with us as we will be with you.

Our retention rate is very high as we promote more of a gaming community then a single game guild.

Feel free to check out our recruitment thread at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=94701 or just follow the links in my signature to learn more about us.