Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Great post, I would honestly love to see these more often.

I'm personally a little leery of a death penalty, as I like things as-is, but like any good Borg, I'm sure I'll adapt to whatever you guys come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 12 only one thing left
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
i have one hope that i think all that are in my rank are shouting for........THE ABILITY TO RANK UP FURTHER AND NEW SHIPS LIKE THE JUPITER SHIPS AND THE FUTURE SHIPS THAT ARE LIKE THE ONES IN THE ENTERPRISE EPISODE WHERE ARCHER GOES AND WITNESSES THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE FUTURE HUMANS AND THE EXPANSION BUILDERS.
Lt. Commander
# 13 No Death Penalty
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
First I really like the update and I like how plain fun English it was written in. No boring stuffiness there!!

No about the Death Penalty!!

NO NO NO NO... I want to keep playing no having to look for my body or ship... Not fun.. I like how you have it setup now..
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 05:28 PM
well it all sound great, i just hope they dont go overboard on the dp and turn it into another reding game, nothing get rid of players faster than loosing a days play to one death.

everything else sound wonderful
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Sounds awesome!!!!!

Death penalty = good idea

Please add bridge combat and ship interiors asap!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16 Thanks!
02-25-2010, 05:29 PM
First of all, thanks for the great info and taking the time to write it all up.

The whole "Death Penalty" thing is an interesting topic. I, for one, like the lack of a death penalty... however, I also understand the need to care about loss. It's tough. There are some times when I will enter a Deep Space Encounter and be warped right into the middle of an opposing fleet... it's a little annoying, but nothing severe. But with a Death Penalty, this problem would be almost unbearable. I know you lovable gents at Cryptic will come to a solution that will work for all parties, and I look forward to seeing it.

For the record, STO is the first MMO I have ever felt was good enough and compelling enough to pay a monthly fee for. Thanks for that. Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Damn great "state of the game address". I respect the openness.

All i can say now is:
Git-r-dun
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Who are the Undine and what drives them?

call the big boss one Sheeba

How can we better exploit the Genesis System to create even more compelling content?

Convince a dev that planet X found by player Y, used by Fleet Z must go boom ?

Where can we boldly go next? Where shall we take exploratory missions, as there's so much potential there?

hmmm Fluidic Space

Which faction should be playable next? Romulan? Cardassian? Pakled? Dominion? Horta? Okay, not so much the Pakleds.

Undine!! though.. back into reality.. meh.. Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
"We already know what you think about a death penalty, Craig but The Community really thinks it's a good idea"

What? NO Bad idea! BAD idea!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I've been waiting for Romulans and now seeing that it could be the next faction playable I am hyped and cant wait. Bring it all on i know i am ready like a lot of other people are as well. Great read and cant wait to see it happen.